Make It Yours: Sarah Davison

The first day of spring is March 20. That’s Wednesday. I wish someone would let the weatherman in the sky in on that little fact. We’re dyeing eggs today in the Design*Sponge office while snow is falling outside. I feel like I’m Living In: Groundhog Day, and every day is winter. To cheer myself up, I was looking through the sneak peeks that feel particularly spring-like. Sarah Davison’s home is one of my favorites. It feels relaxed and calm. Sarah lives in a Spanish Mission-style building overlooking Sydney’s Tamarama Beach. I haven’t decorated with purple since I was eleven years old and claimed that pink and purple were my favorite colors. The purple here is definitely of a more grown-up variety than what was found in my childhood room. Paired with greens and neutrals, it feels sophisticated and spring-like, which is just what I’m looking for. Now, if only I could get a sun with my purple. — Amy Azzarito

Image above: 1. Moroccan Candle Lantern 16″, $59 | 2. Large Pillar/Taper Holder, $69 | 3. Gilt Minimalist Mirror, $228.65 | 4. White Paper Rose, $40 | 5. Baroque & Roll Reflection Purple Pillow, $69 | 6. Lacquer Stash Box, $78 | 7. Amethyst, $795 | 8. Oval Coffee Table, $799

More Make It Yours after the jump!

The tray table with the little demijohn has been a Design*Sponge team favorite since this peek ran in 2011. It inspired Grace to do an entire roundup of tray tables, and we even did a captain’s mirror DIY (using a clock!). I love how casually and effortlessly natural elements are incorporated into the home — from the sea shells and flowers to the framed black coral, it all works to make this apartment feel airy and light. French, Moroccan, Chinoiserie, shabby chic and classical elements — I love how this home brings them all together.

Image above: 1. Chinoiserie Wallpaper, Summer Palace, Griffin & Wong | 2. Atlantis Clam Shell, $149.95 | 3. Bulle Olive Green Glass Vase, $39.99 | 4. Threshold Round Captain’s Mirror, $29.99 | 5. Conch Shell, $64 | 6. Caramel West Indies Tray Table, $599 | 7. Martini Side Table, $149

1. Sarah says:

This home is lovely, but super feminine. As nice as it is, I dont think I could convince my husband to live here with me. Im really smitten with that olive green glass vase though, such a great shape and it looks just perfect with a few branches popped in.

2. eva says:

ooh, missed this sneak peek. Checked it out and yes, it’s a great style! Nice to see she combined black elements without making it a scandinavian thing for once :)

3. My mom has a very similar purple amethyst stored in her closet. I’m totally stealing it next time I go to her house!

4. Me says:

There are some interesting things going on in the mirror reflection in that first shot. What is going on?

5. Kate says:

Oh wow, gorgeous.

6. Amy Azzarito says:

Julie – Did you see the price on the amethyst above? Yikes! Definitely snag that one of your mom’s! It has no business being in the closet. ;) x0 Amy

7. Laurel says:

I love it all. Kinda jealous of the great finds.

8. Sarah says:

I love Sarah Davison, not only because that is my (maiden) name, too.