Sneak Peek: Caitlin Wilson Design’s Oregon Project

by

We’ve already been fortunate to peek inside Caitlin Wilson’s Philadelphia home (and office), but today we have a special look inside one of Caitlin’s recent projects. The home sits on a lakefront ranch in southern Oregon. It’s actually the second home to a pair of hardworking, fun grandparents from San Francisco who love to host their ever-growing family and many friends. Construction began in 2009, and the project was completed in late 2011. The home’s style is refined rustic retreat, and the goal was to make it feel masculine yet playful, fresh and sophisticated while embracing classic elements of the clients’ taste to create a timeless but unique space. Many thanks to Caitlin, Rachel and Ashlee Raubach for the beautiful photos! — Anne

Image above: Custom headboards were fabricated by Alberts Upholstery in Salt Lake City, Utah, to especially feature Schumacher’s Greek Key fabric in Ruby.

Image above: Modern x-benches are given a rustic treatment upholstered in a Ralph Lauren plaid and seated in front of dry-stacked firewood from the ranch.

See more of Caitlin’s Oregon project after the jump . . .

Image above: A Newport Brass faucet shines on this mudroom vanity, with walls in Benjamin Moore’s Edgecomb Gray.

Image above: Schumacher’s Durance Embroidery in Bittersweet pairs beautifully with Kravet’s Citysquare in Wildrose in this custom reading nook.

Image above: Beveled tile backsplash from the Michael S. Smith Collection for Ann Sacks. The walls are Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray HC-173, and hardware is from Rejuvenation.

Image above: Playful patterns combine to create every guest’s dream slumber sanctuary. Walls are in Benjamin Moore White Swan, lamp is Robert Abbey, bed is Schumacher Chenonceau in Aquamarine and pillows are in Schumacher Chain Link in Cerise.

Image above: American Olean white subway tiles line the walls of the sophisticated guest bath. The window treatment is in Kravet print. The vanity is Clay Beige OC-11 by Benjamin Moore.

Image above: The grandkids’ bunk room is filled with fun nooks and crannies. Stuffed to the brim with fun fabrics from Caitlin Wilson Textiles, HomeFabrics and Pindler & Pindler, as well as Moroccan poufs from Overstock, it’s the perfect hideaway for rainy days at the ranch.

Image above: Inspired by Ralph Lauren’s Expedition Novelty Map wallpaper in Baltic Blue, the kids’ travel-themed bathroom is filled with fun finds from the Monterey Pier.

Image above: A turquoise rowboat provides hours of stylish lakeside fun!

1. Sarah says:

Not surprising that this Philly gal has come up with yet another gorgeous home design! It’s so chic, yet totally different than her own home. Great to see some versatility! I also love the deer skull motif that’s been subtly worked in throughout the home. It’s so cheerful and gorgeous, and not overly feminine!

2. So lovely. Everything looks absolutely idyllic…

3. Cynthia says:

You didn’t mention the ever present antler objects. Curious as to who designed those?

4. HK says:

I adore everything about this home! Gorgeous.

5. Lynn says:

I love this house – it has the exact atmosphere I would go for if it wouldn’t look silly in an old Dutch village dwelling. :-)
    By the way, I can’t pin image #10 (the black bed, gorgeous). It registers as a broken image. It only happens with that particular image though, and I saw that the same thing had happened to several people…..

6. Katie says:

While I like this home, I feel like the balance between feminine and masculine is won over by feminine. Maybe I need to see more photos? The deer skull in almost every photo is one of the only masculine things about most of the rooms. Otherwise it feels pretty feminine to me.

7. karoline says:

Beautiful home! Where did you get the anchor note from?

8. Andrea says:

Gorgeous! But the Ralph Lauren map appears to be missing New Zealand…

9. Barbara says:

I love the look of this home. It is difficult to put words to the style…relaxed, current yet old and new. Great touches of color. I would like to know the material used for the floor in the second bath, if possible. I love the look. Thanks for sharing!

10. elizabeth says:

Beautiful! And amazing photos!

11. Cara says:

That’s your guest bath???!!! Let me check my schedule…yep, FREE ANY TIME!!!
    Stunning home.

12. Kera says:

Cait is one of my friends from when we both lived in Dubai! This home is ideeeeeeal! Go Cait!!! xx

13. kim says:

I want to cook in that kitchen. The owl is awesome.

14. Zeba says:

Love this! I also love Caitlin’s home! After looking at it again, I am super curious about the markets in Dubai -which ones?!? I live in Abu Dhabi and would love to know her shopping spots!

15. Hannah says:

That house is so fun! And oh my god that lake! Incredible. What a house.

16. jennifer says:

this is my dream home, from the color of the kid’s twin bed to those corals and pinks and whites. What an amazing showcase! I’m quite a fan of Cait’s design.

17. Shelli says:

Not my dream house! I really don’t get the current vogue to celebrate dead animal heads. There is nothing glorious or aesthetically pleasing about a decapitated Bambi. It’s kind of grotesque.

18. Anu says:

love the window bench. I want one in my place when I have my own place sometime in the future.

19. Oh that map in the kids bathroom. I covet it!

20. Maggie says:

What a BEAUTIFUL home! Where do I find all of the mounted antlers that you have in all the rooms? I love the look!

21. Gena says:

Love the color pallett here, can anyone help me identify the fabrics in the last photo? especially the aztec looking fabric. TIA

22. Kelly says:

What color from Micahel’s collection is the kitchen backsplash?

23. Lita says:

I am from Oregon and was wondering what town or city this home is in. It is so nice- I really love the rustic touches that don’t feel cliche.