Make It Yours: Raya Carlisle

I picked the peek for this Make It Yours from our Sneak Peek: Best of Pinks and Reds. I’m a huge fan of incorporating a little pink in my home — my feet are on my pink coffee table as I write this. Raya Carlisle is a wedding photographer who lives in Ventura, California, with her husband, Forest, and their kids, Baker (age 4 1/2) and Genevieve (1 1/2), and dog, Maisy. Seven years ago, the family bought this 1951 cottage that is approximately 1300 square feet including the garage. Raya and her husband have been honing in on their house’s style: a mix of mid-century, flea market and quirky with lots of color. (See more of Raya’s home right here.) — Amy Azzarito

PS: If you’d like more pink inspiration, check out Make It Yours: Naomi Stein

Image above: 1. Farmer’s Market Basket, $14 | 2. Chambord French Press, $39.95 | 3. Allusion Chandelier, $620 | 4. Yellow Mug, $7.95 | 5. Paper Flowers $10 | 6. Thonet Chair, Hot Pink, $195 | 7. Pink Floral Herringbone Lumbar Throw Pillow, $24.99 | 8. Kitchen Scale, $24.66 | 9. Cottage Kitchen Rose Apron, $32 | 10. Vintage Milk Glass Goblet$9.75

See more Make It Yours picks after the jump!

Image above: After seven years of red brick, Raya had the fireplace painted the same color as the walls (Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17). The Andy Warhol “Hearts” print is from art.com, the gold peacocks were a Rose Bowl flea market find and the cameras all belonged to her husband’s grandfathers. (See more of Raya’s home right here.)

Image above: 1. Vintage Brass Peacock, $49 | 2. Waterfall Coffee Table, $795 | 3. Paper Poppies, $25 | 4. Heart Giclee Print, $74 | 5. Fuji Instax Mini, $115 | 6. Eames Dowel Leg Side Chair, $399  | 7. Blue Glass Vase, $15.25 | 8. Embroidered Dot Pillow, $39

See more of Raya’s home right here.

1. amy says:

fantastic use of color…

2. Jazman says:

First off, a picture says a million words, and this picture is speaking volumes to me. This space is so crisp and clean, yet playful all at the same time. My favorite color is pink, and the various pastel colors splashed around the room is beautiful. The pastel colors contrasted to the white walls makes a great space. Also, I love the connection I have with the outdoors. The amount of sunlight allotted in with the pastel tones throughout the space reminds me of spring time. I also love how at the end of the post you give us various places and prices to allow us to create a space similar to this one.

3. Lauren says:

I drool over that farmer’s market basket every time I’m in Anthropologie.
    I’m totally digging the white painted brick- what a bold move that I’m sure made a huge difference in the feel of the space.

4. A girl can never have too much pink, but the subtle splashes of pinks in his home decor are fantastic! Love it!

5. so pretty. love raya and her lovely sense of style and grace.

6. Ksusha says:

Awesome finds! Love it! My paper magnolias definitely suited to the kitchen ;)

7. Jerry says:

I love that coffee table! Very modern.

8. Raya says:

This was such a fun surprise to come across yesterday. Thanks everyone for the kind comments xo Raya

9. fresh and lively color combos!

10. Raji says:

Just wondering what size the Warhol print is? I am in love with that room