January Instagram Challenge: Our Favorites!

This month’s Instagram Challenge (Declarations of Love!) is already underway, but last month’s just wrapped up, and today I’m excited to share the seriously impressive results! Before I present the finalists (and our winning three), I wanted to say how insanely talented you guys are. Really, you took this knitting challenge to heart, and it was a home run. I cannot wait to see what you have for this month’s love theme. Thanks so much to everyone who entered and to Lion Brand Yarn for donating $25 gift cards and skeins of yarn to our three winners*! (Stay tuned, we’ll be sharing the full DIY steps for several of these projects soon!) xo, grace

Image above: Neon dot sweater by Susanne Grabowski *Winner

An awesome neon-trimmed top for the little ones by Audrey Romano *Winner

Adorable dog hoodie by Arlyn Bantog Van-Dooyewert *Winner

See the rest of our top picks after the jump . . .

Knitted zipper pouch by Kimi Dawn

A textured throw by Jacqui Fink

Neck scarf (snood) by Daniela Plattn

Pretty gloves by Jessica Hartwig

A cute knitted mat by NWJenkins

Copper penny cowl by Sierra Chewning

Heart gloves by Sarah Shoemaker

Knitted heart garland by Lili Holland of Bayleaf Studio

1. Lyndsey says:

What a wonderful selection of knitted things! I really enjoyed this instagram challenge, and all the beautiful creations. Looking forward to the Love theme!

2. Susan says:

Beautiful pictures! Inspiring projects!

3. Julie says:

As a huge fan of dressing up my dog (it’s cold in our house!), I have to say that dog sweater is a whole lot of awesomeness!

4. Kristin says:

I believe the teal gloves are this pattern: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEdf10/PATTringwood.php

5. I love knitting and I’m so impressed by people who can create something from scratch without a pattern. These items are so fun!

6. Colleen Schaeffer says:

Is there a pattern for the sweater top by Audrey Romano?

1. Grace Bonney says:

these winners will be asked to share their patterns, we’ll share them on the site asap :)

7. Jeannine says:

Love the purse!

8. Ana says:

The baby sweater on the top by Susanne Grabowski is amazing!

9. I love this! I am a fairly new knitter, I love all of these great ideas!

10. Susan Shoemaker says:

What beautiful mittens!

11. Becca says:

what a cute pup!!!!!!!!!!

12. Lizz N says:

wow I really want to learn how to knit know, I should have tried harder when my mom tried to teach me!

13. Lili Holland says:

I’m so thrilled to be included in this lovely and fun collection. Thanks ever so much!

14. Trig says:

Aha! I’ve that same rag-rug out of an old bedsheet, using big wooden dowels as needles! It was a fun project, though my hands ached afterward.

It’s currently gracing my desperately-in-need-of-a-redec bathroom floor. About the only ‘personalized’ thing I’ve done with that room.

15. Maureen says:

I love that throw! hope it is one of the diys….it looks like I could maybe make it ;)

16. Andrea says:

Is there a pattern out there for the heart gloves?! My niece might need a pair.

17. Heidi Elle says:

The heart gloves made by Sarah Shoemaker are adorable!

18. Monica B says:

Yes. I NEED the patterns for the zippered clutch & the teal gloves!! And the heart garland!!

19. lauren michele says:

it would be really great if all the patterns were to be posted, not just the winners!

20. Anne says:

Are the patterns going to be posted here or a separate post?

1. Grace Bonney says:

a sep post :)

21. jennifer says:

is there a post for these patterns? i can’t find it