February Playlist & Weekly Wrap Up

We’ve had so much fun throwing ourselves with reckless abandon into the fun and craziness of Valentine’s Day. Everything has been pink, red, heart-covered and oozing the sort of happiness that only comes from taking the time to treasure the people and things that mean the most to you. And while the mood of the holiday is undeniably tinged with romance, Max, Amy and I have really enjoyed celebrating with friends and family in mind. Who says you have to dedicate love-filled songs to people you’re dating? Why not make a mix tape and dedicate those songs of happiness, excitement and good feelings to the people you call your nearest and dearest friends? I think everyone can appreciate the sentiment of any love song; it’s always about taking a moment to thank those who make you the happiest. So it’s with that spirit of celebration and cherishing great friends that we dedicate this month’s playlist to all of you. Our favorite 28 songs range from classic to contemporary, so hopefully there will be something in here for all of you. It looks like a lot of us in the Northeast will be snowed in this weekend, so if you’ve got any favorite love songs that we missed, we’d love to hear your ideas in the comment section below. I’m sure my cat will appreciate being serenaded to something new. (If you prefer listening on Rdio, our February playlist is right here and the track names/artists continue after the jump.) xo, grace

February Playlist: LOVE from designsponge on 8tracks Radio.

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. L-O-V-E (1990 Digital Remaster) — Nat King Cole
2. I Love Paris — Ella Fitzgerald
3. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) — Billie Holiday
4. Our Love Is Here to Stay — Louis Armstrong
5. Something’s Got a Hold on Me — Etta James (The Essential Etta James)
6. Baby Love (“16 Big Hits” Stereo Version) — The Supremes
18. Love Interruption — Jack White
19. At Last — Etta James
20. Just One Look — Doris Troy
21. That’s a Pretty Good Love — Big Maybelle
22. Somebody in the World for You (LP Version) — The Mighty Hannibal
23. Lovely Day — Bill Withers
24. If I Were a Carpenter — Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash (A different version is on our 8tracks mix. I prefer that Tim Hardin version because it was the one used on The Wonder Years, where I first heard that song.)
25. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) — Talking Heads
26. Home — Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
27. Wild Horses — The Rolling Stones
28. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) — Stevie Wonder

1. kaela d. says:

these playlists are the new highlight of my month!! LOVE them. ;)

2. Sara M. says:

Modern Love by Bloc Party

3. Lauren says:

I love when meg ryan sings “i love paris” in the movie french kiss… anyone else? Anyone?? I could watch that movie a million times!!

4. Stephanie says:

Great playlist for my (future) wedding party.

5. Emmy says:

What a great playlist! Thank you so much for this! Love all the classic songs. I’m playing it in my apartment as I clean in preparation for friends coming over for dinner tonight :)

6. Gina G. says:

What a superb playlist! Have a great weekend!

7. RedHillHome says:

So many if my favorites that I haven’t heard in ages. Thanks!

8. Linda says:

Try: “if the stars were mine” by Melody Gardot. I really enjoyed your playlist and will be using it for my love party on valentines weekend

9. Robin B says:

Something about us – Daft Punk

10. B. says:

You have some great choices of songs listed here. I’m definitely going to check out the ones I don’t know yet.

11. Debora says:

I’ll save that playlist carefully… :)
    Thanks a lot!

12. I love Home no matter how many times it was played on the radio!!!

13. Fly me to the moon! My girls request it very night before bed ;) Nice tunes you have here. Thank you.

14. Great Playlist! Some of my all time favorites are in here. I will be sharing on my Facebook page! Thanks for doing all the work for us.

15. Julia says:

I’m really enjoying this playlist!! I have it on in the background while I catch up on your latest posts I missed. Such a relaxing Sunday evening :)

16. Luka says:

Awesome playlist again, I might have gone with The Flying Burrito Brothers instead of the Rolling Stones on Wild Horses but other than that perfecto!

17. Thank you Graceee for spreading the love <3