Amy and I have been obsessing about woven wall hangings for a while now. She’s been bookmarking great vintage options on Etsy, and I’ve been slowly stalking all my favorite contemporary designers. I picked up a great wall hanging by Nightwood during their One Kings Lane sale, but I’ve been eying a few more to add to my collection. At the top of my list are these jaw-dropping designs by Brook&Lyn’s Mimi Jung. I first saw Mimi’s designs at Of a Kind (you can listen to their After the Jump interview here), but her latest designs are breathtaking. Each of her incredibly lush wall hangings are made with a mix of yarn, copper and natural materials like palm tree bark. The colorful pieces above and below (check out that eye design — swoon) are my favorites, but you can view her full collection online right here. If I happen to stumble upon a stack of one hundred dollar bills any time soon, I’m going to make one of these mine. The texture makes me weak in the knees. xo, grace

More images after the jump . . .

1. Oh my gosh, these are stunning. Love that first pink one especially!

2. Definitely jaw dropping! Love the color palette in the second one… turquoise, green, grey, white. Thanks for sharing!

3. sky says:

hi grace,

could you do a feature on how the wallhangings look in real homes? i love these but i’m not too sure how to make them work… thanks.

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi sky!

just click on the link in the post above that says “wall hangings”- it’s a whole post on wall hangings in real homes ;)

4. Beccy says:

These are fabulous, I love the second one. Great colours and textures, creates lots of atmosphere. Thanks for sharing!

5. Hannah says:

Wow these are just gorgeous. There’s something so rich about them – the colours, texture. I bet they take hours to make. I would love a massive one of these in my house, it would totally make a room. Thanks for sharing!

6. Becca says:

These are so great! I’ve been thinking of making a wall hanging for my own home and these definitely inspire!

7. Sarah says:

These are so bizarre and interesting! I love the last one with the rust and baby blue palette!

8. Jacquie says:

These are gorgeous – and love the ‘teardrop’ pompom thing!

9. Pippa says:

Just beautiful! I’m glad fibre art is having a resurgence!

10. All I can say is WOW! I keep seeing these everywhere lately! I must have one! Love that last one!

11. Stacie says:

I’ve recently purchased an amazing, vintage wall hanging very similar to these featured. absolutely love it but i’m unsure of how to care for it. Besides beating it with a broom for a quick dusting, do i take it to a dry cleaners?

12. Liz Ashton says:

I make tapestry weavings. Find a local class and learn, it’s a wonderful (and surprisingly easy) craft. Currently relearning macrame too, have several wallhangings in progress. I also have a a pile of owl macrames on the walls :)