Tabula Rasa

I can never (ever ever ever) get enough beautiful textiles in my life. I have this theory that when I’m an old lady, I’ll be one of those women who has a crazy asymmetrical white bob and wears statement jewelry over textured kaftans. At least I hope that will happen. I want to grow into a home that’s covered, floor to ceiling, in beautiful hand-woven things. Tapestries, open-weave art pieces and gorgeous carpets I’ve picked up while traveling. I’m not sure how I’ll magically get all these things (or how on earth I’ll afford them or make my cats not destroy them), but textiles will definitely be a huge part of the look. In light of that obsession, getting an email from Emily at Tabula Rasa made my day. She just launched a beautiful new homewares line that includes knitted goods for wearing and decorating. As much as I’m completely smitten with the bold striped pieces above and below, Emily also makes incredible pieces that have subtler, and metallic, palettes. I’ve shared my favorites here, but you can see the full series online right here.* xo, grace

*Emily’s work is currently trade only, but you can email her for more information about purchasing on the site.

More from Tabula Rasa after the jump . . .

1. Stunning! I’m in love with Emily’s knits! Her edging is just lovely. The charcoal and red knit (last photo) with the subtle cables is just gorgeous. I’m loving the occasional lace and dropped stitches through the works. Thanks for sharing. :)

2. i love the description of you as an old lady.
    the knits are just gorgeous. thank you for sharing!

3. Mr Glitter says:

“I’ll be one of those women who has a crazy asymmetrical white bob and wears statement jewelry over textured kaftans. At least I hope that will happen. ”

Hysterical!! I hope it happens too, Grace. Ha!

The pillows are faboo.

4. Lauren says:

Beautiful! I totally agree that a home can never have too many textiles. Some people move into a house and immediately paint the walls- all I want to do is make long curtains in gorgeous fabric for every room :)

5. trish selina says:

its really awesome, best chair i have ever seen with quite a combination of color and theme…. please recommend color scheme for kitchen decoration..

6. alice says:

well, “tabula rasa” literally means clean slate, which kind of completely contradicts the colorful textiles, but who cares.

7. julie says:

VERY beautiful. The ISOLINE line reminds me a lot of the work of Richard Anuszkiewicz from the 70’s. (a current obsession of mine).

8. Molly (in DC) says:

I’ve always wanted to be one of those older ladies too! I’d wear a crisp white button down under my kaftan. And I’d have like 100 gold bangle bracelets and huge black-framed glasses!

9. Philip Cooper says:

I think the “clean slate” refers to the idea that any space you might inhabit that can be embellished by these products as many of them are supposed to move with you.

10. NewChinart says:

I am totally attracted by the color of first Tabula Rasa!