Super Bowl XLVII: Beyonce Mix

Illustration by Julia Rothman

After throwing our own D*S version of a Super Bowl party last week, we decided to celebrate the big game in one more way that felt right to us: with a Beyoncé mix! Amy and I are big Beyoncé fans, and Max is an even bigger Beyoncé appreciator, so we thought it would be fun to round up our favorite Beyoncé tracks to get ready for this weekend’s big halftime show. Lip-Sync Gate or not, she’s one heck of a performer, and her music never fails to get us through a tough work day — or make us stop for an impromptu dance party. We’ve chosen our favorites in the mix below but please feel free to list or link to your favorite Beyoncé tracks in the comment section below. As much as I’m excited for the over-the-top commercials, I’ll really be looking forward to what this talented lady is singing (and wearing). xo, grace

For Rdio and Spotify Playlists and a full tracklist, continue after the jump!

• Beyoncé- Crazy In Love
  • Beyoncé- Green Light (Freemasons Remix)
  • Beyoncé- Run the World (Girls)
  • Beyoncé- Freakum Dress
  • Destiny’s Child- Jumpin’ Jumpin’
  • Beyoncé- Love On Top
  • Destiny’s Child- Survivor
  • Beyoncé- Naughty Girl
  • Beyoncé- Diva
  • Beyoncé-  Countdown
  • Beyoncé- Suga Mama
  • Beyoncé & Shakira- Beautiful Liar
  • Beyoncé & Sean Paul- Baby Boy
  • Beyoncé & Jay Z – Deja Vu
  • Beyoncé- Why Don’t You Love Me?
  • Destiny’s Child- Check On It
  • Destiny’s Child- Say My Name
  • Beyoncé- Irreplaceable
  • Beyoncé- Listen (from the Dreamgirls Soundtrack)
  • Beyoncé- Single Ladies
  1. Hell yes. Vive la Beyoncé. Love Julia’s illustration! You might appreciate this spirited BeyBey fan video as much as I do:

2. Sandra says:

Ah I LOVE Beyonce! My husband is actually GOING to the Superbowl (he’s a huge 49er fan) and I have told him to take pictures during the Beyonce show- that is NOT the time to get a beer… lol

3. Jordan Kay says:

Two people that definitely inspire me are Beyonce & Julia Rothman. ‘Tis a good day indeed!

4. Sarah says:

Beyonce? Yes please! I would add Halo, and Get Me Bodied.

5. Carol says:

Totally agree, i would add Get me Bodied too! So nice to dance!

6. Jean Lichtman says:

I love Julia for writing this. She is so bright. Aunt Jean

7. Elizabeth Randon says:

Gotta add Bootylicious, Halo and Telephone with Gaga!!