JD Wolfe Pottery

Earthy pottery has become a serious weakness of mine. Thankfully, it works well with a minimalist aesthetic, which I’ve been embracing in my home over the past year or so. These beautiful pieces are from Milwaukee artist¬†JD Wolfe. Inspired by both her Scandinavian roots and an interest in Asian design, JD makes each piece by hand. I always love polka dots, but the cloud dishes below are definitely my favorite. They’re intended as sushi plates, but I’d love to use them for jewelry or small change by the door. You can check out and shop the full selection on Etsy right here. Prices range from $12 to $80 each. xo, grace

*JD’s husband sells awesome all-natural BBQ sauce on Etsy, too!

1. We have a few of JD Wolfe’s pieces in our home and we love them so much. Elegant and refined, light, perfectly thrown— just wonderful to use and look at!!

2. Christina says:

The cloud plates are so amazing! I want all our dishes to be neutral, while my boyfriend prefers color and kitsch, I feel like the cloud plates would be a happy medium. Thanks for the great post!

3. heather says:

Love the clouds!! running off to pin them for sure to my cloud board!

4. Priscilla says:

Her designs and color choices are so beautiful. Truly handmade treasures!

5. Diana says:

Great feature!! Thanks! LOVE her pottery! Did you see her heart shaped bowls too? Perfect for Valentine’s! http://www.etsy.com/listing/92233821/amethyst-nesting-heart-shaped-bowl-set-4

6. Jaturon says:

My favorites are the small white vase and definitely the cloud plates.

7. Judy Freeman says:

Gotta love the dots!!! I’m a big fan of JD’s work.

8. Kate says:

Loving all the pottery features! If you’re taking requests at the moment, I’d love a post on traditional Japanese pottery, since it’s such an inspiration to so many of the ceramicists you feature.

9. Terri Barton says:

Wow, I love your designs! I ordered 6 of your cloud spoon rests back in November and I have yet to receive them. I ordered them for some special Christmas gifts because they are so unique. I know my friends will love them. I REALLY hope to find these on my doorstep soon. Can you help with locating this order?? It went through on Nov 21. Order number 5247-3141-7557-4593.

10. JD Wolfe says:

Hi Terri, Please look for an email from me regarding your order. The best way to contact me is through my website jdwolfepottery.com Thanks! Jen Wolfe