D*S Valentine’s Day Crafting Breakfast (RSVP)

Photo by Maxwell Tielman

This year, one of my biggest goals was to host more in-person events, parties, classes and get-togethers in our Brooklyn office. We’ve worked so hard to make this space homey and welcoming, so I really want to open our doors and have as many people from the community over as possible. To kick off the New Year, we decided our first event would be a Valentine’s Day Crafting Breakfast! Amy and I have long lamented that Valentine’s Day is too focused on romantic love and could use a little dose of friend, family and pet love, too. So we wanted to throw a good old-fashioned crafting party where we can make Valentines for friends, family and anyone else special in our lives. In addition to teaching some of our favorite paper Valentine projects, we’ll be providing all the supplies you need, as well as tasty breakfast treats and drinks (and some romantic comedies playing on the TV in the background). We’re transforming the office into a Valentine’s Day wonderland, and all the projects, food and decor from this party will be turned into an entertaining story for D*S, so if you can’t join us in person, you’ll be able to re-create the party in your own home. Want to join us? Just sign up below! xo, grace

• What: D*S Valentine’s Day Crafting Breakfast
  • When: Wednesday, January 30th
  • Time: 9am–10:30am
  • Where: D*S Office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
  • Cost: $25 (Fee includes all our crafting supplies, breakfast and stamps for mailing.)
  • RSVP: Sign up here to reserve your space (we will keep a waitlist, too, just in case!)

*Last year we cut our Valentine’s Day crafts a little too close to the holiday, so this year we’re hosting the party in late January so everyone has plenty of time to make and mail things to friends for the holiday.

1. oh my gosh, that sounds so fun!
    wish i lived in NYC so i could join you ladies.

2. Garth says:

wish i could attend. any idea of where i could find the red envelopes? much appreciation. thanks.

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi garth

you can find them at papersource.com and in their stores :)

grace

3. Sarah says:

Oh, I wish I lived in Brooklyn! You should do a little crafting tour!

4. So wish I lived in NYC to come to this, sounds so much fun!! come to Scotland?!

5. Hannah says:

Wish I could go. Maybe a weekend next time?

6. I would have loved to attend! Will you girls ever come out to Los Angeles? You are an inspiration and I’ve loved all the fabulous ideas over the years! I’ll check back fir the “after party” online!

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks skaie! we’d love to come to LA :)

g

7. Sarah says:

This makes me so sad that I don’t live in NY anymore? Maybe record what you do and post after the 30th so people who don’t live in NY can join in?

1. Grace Bonney says:

sarah

yep, we’ll be sharing this in the form of many posts (how tos, decor and recipes) after the event. that’s part of the reason we’re having it earlier, too- so we have time to process and post it so people outside of ny can do the projects in time for the holiday if they want :)

grace

8. Jennifer says:

Can you post how-to’s of the projects?

1. Grace Bonney says:

yep! we’re going to post how-tos, Vday decor ideas and recipes, too :)

grace

9. hmmm…i’m in boston but what a fun trip this might make :)

1. Grace Bonney says:

mary- come join us! max is planning some seriously cute decorations and we’re doing it up with breakfast sweets ;)

g

10. Wish I could come, but I live near Baltimore ;(

11. Kathy W says:

What a great idea! May have to invite my friends over for a Minnesota version.

12. Yana says:

I tried signing up, but got a waiting list registration. Are there no more available seats?

13. Crystal says:

Sounds adorable. I love the idea of breakfast rather than the traditional valentine’s day dinner. For those in Philadelphia looking for a Valentine’s day event- we will be hosting a sweetheart fondue gathering at Meadowsweet Mercantile. :)

14. Wow thats so great! Wish i could join! When youre thinking to come to Holland one day for a tour or something, i would love to join!

15. Jennifer says:

What a shame–I will be at work! Would you consider doing any events on weekends for those of us who have M-F jobs?

16. Wendy Coral says:

ahhh so fun! i so would come if it was on a weekend!

17. Dana says:

Oooh, yes! Come to LA!
    In the meantime, have a great V-day event! Sounds fun!

18. ooohhh!! I wanna go!!! would love to meet you and have fun creating with you girls!!!! xo