40 Great Kitchen Organizing Tools

I’m in the middle of a serious home-cleaning kick, and my kitchen is a nightmare. And not just because every tile in my home is sealed with glitter grout. While I squint and try not to see the glitter between each tile (Who knew that even existed? My landlord, I guess.), I’m focusing on organizing tools that help me clear counter space and keep food fresh and easy to find. So for this week’s organizing roundup, I decided to focus on 40 products (you can see the full 100+ item research roundup on Pinterest) that will help you keep everything in your kitchen spic and span, from knife racks and sponge holders to rolling carts and storage containers. If I’m missing a household favorite of yours, please let me know. I’m always looking for beautiful — but functional — kitchen design. xo, grace

*All this month I’m doing organizing roundups in honor of the New Year and fresh starts. If you have an organizing theme request, just let me know below!

Image above: 1. Plastic Bag Dispenser, $2 | 2. Steel Nesting Trio, $27 | 3. Condiment Holder, $13 | 4. Steel Container, $25 | 5. Condiment Holder, $13 | 6. Cookie Jar, $25 | 7. Meal Bowls, $15 each | 8. Juice Jars, $6+ each | 9. 10-piece Starter Storage Set, $100 | 10. Dipped Glaze Containers, $80 | 11. Glasslock Rounds, $7+ each | 12. Recipe Box, $15

Image above: 1. Drawer Organizer, $30+ | 2. Stonybrook Utensil Jar, $68 | 3. Bistro Knife Block, $49 | 4. Marble Utensil Crock, $25 | 5. Le Creuset Cassis Utensil Crock, $40 | 6. 10-piece Knife and Rack Set, $250 | 7. Expandable Cutlery Tray, $19.99 | 8. Knife Dock, $40

20+ more kitchen-organizing ideas continue after the jump . . .

Image above: 1. Wine Cabinet, $899 | 2. Elfa Kitchen Cart, $159 | 3. Metro Cart, $258 | 4. Green Rolling Cart, $25 | 5. Baker’s Rack, $213 | 6. Butcher Block Kitchen Cart, $480

Image above: 1. Pot and Lid Rack, $129 | 2. Mug Organizer, $49 | 3. Double Bookshelf Pot Racks, $103 | 4. Manchester Glass Set, $128 | 5. Wall-mounted Bar Pot Rack, $22 | 6. Stainless Steel Kitchen Organizers, $29–$99 each | 7. Dot Coat Hooks, $10

Image above: 1. Label Maker with Case, $49 | 2. Bakeware Holder, $19.99 | 3. Smart Tools Kitchen Stand for Tablets, $50 | 4. Under-shelf Baskets, $6.99+ each | 5. Sink Caddy, $9.99 | 6. Tie String Holder, $19 | 7. Twixit Bag Clips (set of 10), $7 | 8. Freezer Labels, $4.99

1. Denise says:

The Container Store has the exact same knife block a Williams Sonoma & for less ($29.99). I bought there larger one 2 years ago ($49) and it is worth every penny! WS says they have a Deluxe but i could not find it on their site.

2. Tiffany Rooprai says:

You know, Grace, you can always run a skim coat of a non-glitter, non sanded grout over the glitter. Match the color and you should be able to cut down on that sparkle!

3. jackie says:

thank you for these!

4. Samantha says:

I have that white cookie jar up at the top of the post and it’s fantastic. Also works well for not-so-homemade cookies during a busy week. Cookie jars are a must when you have kids :)

5. meg says:

I love the weck juice containers. I have a kitchen full of weck storage in different sizes. I found a US distributor that sells the widest variety of their stuff at the lowest price (I promise I don’t work for them!). weckjars.com sells all of the different shapes in all sorts of sizes.

6. Kiti says:

I’always loved wall storages for kitchen, thanks for share these!;)

7. Bag clips are one of the best inventions in the whole world :)

8. Jackie says:

I love items that are functional and pretty. Thanks for this list!

9. tessa says:

That $2 Ikea plastic bag dispenser is one of the handiest things I’ve ever bought – great for dog owners!

10. Lucy Delia says:

Thanks for the roundup. How about one on children’s organization?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi lucy!

i don’t typically do children’s products here but i’ll keep that in mind if i find anything cute :)

11. Bernadette says:

We live in a NYC apartment with a kitchen with ZERO drawers! Our silverware are in a cabinet. Our utensils are a mess except for the ones in a crock on the counter. Any ideas for us?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi bernadette!

what about one of those fintorp systems from ikea? it lets you have little hanging containers for utensils that attach to the wall? there’s a simple silver one in the post above, but you can see more on their site:

grace :)

12. Tara says:

Hi Grace! Some ideas on filing those pesky papers would be great too! Thank you for all you do!

13. Tricia says:

Thank you for the great post, i fell in love with the green wire cart! About the glittery grout problem- you can use sturdy sticky tape, like gaffer, to remove the glitter without sweeping it around. Basically like a lint roller for the floor :)

14. JC says:

This is a beautiful list and I’m proud to say I have a few similar items in my kitchen!

15. joanna says:

is it wrong that i kinda like the glitter grout?

16. Susan Mills says:

Sparkly, glitter grout? Oh, you poor child.

17. Great selection of products but most intrigued by the sparkly glitter grout. :) Might just use that when I retile our bathroom!!

1. Grace Bonney says:

no! please stay away- as a tenant, i can tell you it comes out with EVERY cleaning. i am constantly cleaning glitter out of everything- sounds fun, but it’s so frustrating.

18. Paul says:

That knife set is pretty amazing… love it.

19. Erin says:

This IKEA cart is small and wonderfully designed. I also love the color!

20. Taryn says:

I have the marble utensil crock and the green rolling cart! I LOVE marble and it’s a nice inexpensive way to incorporate it into our kitchen, at least until I can afford marble countertops! Instantly elevates. The rolling cart is super useful and fits right in between our fridge and the wall perfectly and is so much cuter than white, black or silver. I hate wasted storage space.

21. Officially OBSESSED with the Manchester glass set. Legit buying as I type <3

22. love so many of these ideas – thanks for the inspiration!

23. Elizabeth says:

First: glitter grout!?! You learn something new every day.
    Second: I need to get my hands on a sink caddy.

24. Nicole says:

We recently hung two inexpensive ikea pot lid racks on a free wall in the kitchen for cutting boards and rolling pins — it’s worked out perfectly!

25. Kristin says:

Those OXO pop up containers (#9) in the first photo are my absolute favorite. That’s actually a really great price for the set – I’ve been slowly purchasing them from The Container Store, but they aren’t inexpensive. Completely worth it though.