Today I’m back in Oregon for the second annual (yay!) Portland Bazaar, along with my buddies Greg Hennes and Matt Pierce and about 50 of Portland’s best makers. I’ve been looking forward to this event all year, but I’ve been looking forward to making a new team announcement today, too.
I can be like a stubborn dog sometimes when it comes to embracing technology. I tug at the leash and refuse to budge, but when I finally get out into new territory, I end up trotting right along and enjoying the change. I was like that with Twitter and Facebook and now Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram. Embracing social media has been slow for me because I pore so much of myself into this blog (and the other social media feeds I manage for the site) that I couldn’t possibly imagine adding more. But I’ve started to understand and embrace the ways in which those different outlets could be fun for us, inspirational for readers and helpful for our team and anyone out there who wants new ways to share ideas. So, in light of that new direction, I’m looking to add a new part-time member to our D*S team, someone who can work with us in the Brooklyn office two days a week working solely on social media projects. I’ll still be manning our main accounts, but I could use some help planning bigger projects on these outlets and some extra people power to manage our archived content on these platforms. So if you’re looking for a little extra work and already use, understand and love social media outlets, I hope you’ll consider joining our team! Details are below.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. If you’re in the Portland area, please come join us at the Portland Bazaar for an awesome weekend of local indie shopping and delicious food and drinks! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must Read: Western Edge: A Film Project from In The Make
- 2012 Gift Guides: Perfect Together: Decorative Matches + Candles, Personalized Gifts, Tech Gadgets & Accessories, For Pets and Pet Lovers, Pretty Packaging, Jewelry
- After the Jump: 2012 Design + Blog Trends (mp3)
- Biz Ladies: Part 3 — 10 Ways to Finally Finish Your Book
- Sneak Peeks: Best of Family Heirlooms, Mieke Verbijlen
- Human/House/Harvey: Animal Print
- In the Kitchen With: Pauline Boldt’s Cornmeal Cake with Candied Lemons
- DIY Projects: Holiday Gift Tag Freebie, Pom Pom Garlands by Ashley G, Simple Copper Candleholder, Bleach-Dot Clutch
- Before & After: Rustic Bathroom Transformation, French Home Transformation
- Small Measures: Homemade Irish Cream
- Bringing Art Home: Bead Garland
- Maker Stories: Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co.
- Misc.: Bandanas for a Good Cause, Leah, Rachael & Julia: Scarf Collaboration, Shanna Murray Holiday Shop, Erin Jang + Paperless Post, Wooden Tiles by Moonish Co., Living Gifts: Terrarium Workshop
Position: Part-time Social Media Team Member
Location: Design*Sponge HQ, Brooklyn, NY (2 days a week)
Description: Must be well-versed in and have a passion for all social media platforms. A mastery of WordPress is a must, too.
Details: You’ll meet and work with our editorial team twice a week to plan social media projects and help manage our new and old content on these platforms. This is a paid position, and you must be available to work between 10am and 5pm on at least two of these days: Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Want to apply? Just shoot me an email at Designsponge [at] gmail [dot] com with the title “Social Media”. Please attach your resume, links to your current social media accounts and a little about why you’d like to join the team for this position. Thanks — I look forward to hearing from you!