Sneak Peek: Melanie, Ryan & Beck Blodgett

Melanie Blodgett, her husband, Ryan, and son, Beck, purchased their first home in Denver, Colorado, 11 months ago (a big step up from their old, dark and cramped apartment with popcorn ceiling). Melanie has about five different jobs related to blogging and social media but can frequently be found at You Are My Fave. She’s also fortunate to have a job where she can work from home, spend time with her son and take advantage of the great natural light in their place for shooting tutorials for her blog. (Did you know that Denver boasts 300 days of sun a year?) When it came to decorating, Melanie started with pieces she loved — namely the couch — and mixed and matched from there, using furniture to add color rather than putting it on the walls. Many thanks to Melanie and Jennifer Little of Sugar Photography for the photos! — Anne

Image above: I wanted to go with a neutral, calming palette for the bedroom, so I stuck with Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray on the walls and white linen bedding from Restoration Hardware. I added a bit of color with the painting from Michelle Armas and the green chair-turned-nightstand from Crate and Barrel. The platform bed is CB2.

Image above: I originally wanted to go with gray for the living/dining/kitchen space but was afraid it would be too monotone with the counters and metal table. So I went with Sherwin Williams Blue Horizon, which, it turns out, matches everything. The couch is the popular Petrie sofa from Crate and Barrel, the coffee table is from CB2 and the side chairs, mirror and rug are from West Elm. I went to West Elm so often that all the workers still recognize me.

See more inside the Blodgetts’ Denver home after the jump . . .

Image above: The bassinet is Babyletto, and even though our baby doesn’t sleep in it anymore, I can’t bear to take it down.

Image above: Since we have dark wood floors, I had a hard time deciding what color wood I could use for furniture in the room. I decided to go with a more industrial look for the table and purchased a metal one from CB2 (the chairs are from there, too). I always get comments on it — that and the light fixture from West Elm (do you sense a theme here?).

Image above: I wanted wallpaper in several rooms of the house, but my husband did not. We settled on letting me have free range over the half bath. I went with the cheeriest pattern I could find — Orla Kiely, of course.

Image above: We were pretty tired of painting, so we just kept this room white, for now at least. The nightstand and bedding are West Elm, and the stools were a happy find from Overstock.

Image above: I had the hardest time deciding on a color for this room, and then one day I looked at a town home across from us that I love, and the palette was born. The paint is Westcott Navy from Benjamin Moore, the crib is Babyletto, the light fixture is West Elm, the curtain is from Urban Outfitters and the dresser is vintage. The mobile and teepee are homemade.

Image above: I imagine that Beck will try to scale these shelves from IKEA when he’s older, but for now, they’re a good resting spot for books and toys.

Image above: I like that this mirror from IKEA had dimension — another place for toys to land.

Image above: Coat rack from West Elm. I love seeing the mini jacket hanging there.

1. corrie anne says:

Love the wallpaper in that half bath! I think that’s the only place my husband would be a fan of wallpapering as well!! :)

2. Shelby says:

The Blodgetts are just ON POINT all the time. And that bed from CB2? Swoon.

3. bettyboop says:

is the cb2 bed the dondra bed? i’ve been looking for something similar.

4. lindsey says:

What an awesome space!

Where is the photo hanging rail from, the one above the bassinet?

5. Tara says:

Melanie has great taste and style! Love this tour, especially the living room.

6. Shannon says:

Helllllooooo Sherwin Williams Blue Horizon! Where have you been all my life?!

7. Heather says:

The nursery is my fave. But I love it all! It looks so light and airy!

8. Karen says:

So excited to see the finished product! Your house looks AMAZING, Melanie & Ryan!

9. Julie says:

Lovely home! Considering the Petrie sofa for myself and your blue is great – is it the “ink” or “blueberry” ? (Hard to tell on C&B’s website)

10. Beautiful. I especially love the color you picked in the nursery!

11. Hanna says:

Love the wallpapered half bath!

12. Mindy says:

Where did you get the alarm clock beside your bed on the green chair?

13. Melanie’s home is even more stunning in person!

14. Melanie says:

@BettyBoop It isn’t the dondra bed, it’s actually the shelf bed that’s no longer available. But we’ve been really happy with it so I would recommend any wooden platform bed from CB2.

@Lindsey It’s actually a restaurant ticket holder that I ordered from Amazon. Just do a search and several options pop up.

@Julie We have the couch in ink. It’s a great navy color.

15. Priyanka says:

Where is the yellow throw pillow from? It looks great!

16. Leslie says:

What size is your living room? Love the proportions of the furniture. Great job.

17. Abbi says:

This whole space is amazing! Beautifully curated and simple without looking unfinished.

18. Melanie says:

@mindy It’s the Retro Flip Clock from Torre and Tagus Designs. I bought it from Barnes and Noble.

@priyanka The pillow cover was actually sewn by my mom from fabric I found at a local fabric store.

@leslie It’s quite small, about 12×12.

19. Elle says:

Hi, random request. I have been looking for a flip clock for ages, and i noticed you have a really nice one on the green chair by the bed in the first photo. i was wondering if you could tell me where its from?! i cant wait to find out (excited much!!!!) Love E xx

20. Maggie says:

I agree with Jennifer Little, Melanie’s home is even better in person!My favorite part are all the animals scattered around for Beck!

21. Sue says:

I am attracted to bright colors so the bathroom wall paper is so beautiful to me. I could enjoy that bathroom.

22. Your home looks beautiful, Melanie! So calm and bright.

23. Lindsay says:

Your home is so fabulous. Can I ask you where you ordered the fantastic wallpaper in the half bath?

24. You must all be calm and happy in your home. Just beautiful, and oh so tidy!

25. Ali says:

Beautiful home – I can’t believe no one has asked about the kitchen island yet! I love the wood. Did you do it yourselves, or did you purchase it somewhere?

26. Em says:

i have the same Ikat rug from Westelm and it won’t stop shedding. So far it’s been around 2 months since I bought it. How long did it take for yours to stop shedding?

27. Melanie says:

@elle It’s the Retro Flip Clock from Torre and Tagus Designs. I bought it from Barnes and Noble.

@lindsay It’s Orla Kiely

@ali The wood on the island was a diy project. We just measured out plywood, nailed it on and stained it to match.

@em I’d say the shedding stopped after about a month. Does vacuuming hurt or help the problem?

28. Diana says:

Love your home! The colors are all so calming. I love the look very eclectic mix. It reminds me of a home straight out of a catalog!

29. Kayla Burroughs says:

So awesome! Love your style! I’m a Denverite with the same Orla Kiely purse/diaper bag; maybe we should be friends! ;)

30. Love the rustic wood on the kitchen island! Great home!