Copper Gingko Mobile

During my senior year of college, I devoted my final printmaking project to celebrating the incredible gingko trees that lined the path to our campus art studio. The result was a two-part print that looks like cascading gingko leaves, and it now hangs in my parents’ dining room. I’ve had a fondness for gingko leaves ever since, so when I saw this incredible copper mobile at Terrain, I was sold. Inspired by the gingko-lined sidewalks of Greensboro, North Carolina, this graceful mobile comes with copper wire for hanging. I’d love to hang this in the entryway of a home; it feels so light and outdoorsy, the perfect vibe for the space that connects the outdoors to the indoor. If you’re interested in checking it out in more detail, click here to read more or place an order ($128 each). xo, grace

1. At first I thought that it was a painting, just gorgeous!

2. Kate Abney says:

This strikes me as something by vanCollier Designs. Do you know the manufacturer?

1. Grace Bonney says:

i’m afraid i don’t- it’s not listed on the site. but it says it’s inspired by the maker’s hometown in nc- are they from nc?

3. Mr. Glitter says:

This is really beautiful. And the price is really reasonable for such a gorgeous thing.

4. Abbie says:

I think this is stunning. It seems so delicate, but bold with the choice of copper. I keep looking at that bottom piece wondering how exactly it’s balancing. It’d be cool to see how the pieces line up in other configurations.

5. Sarah says:

I have a silk ginko mobile that I absolutely love. It was made by this artist:
    (third row, the green one)

6. Chelsea Ward says:

Ooh a lovely find! I was a printmaker too, I’d love to see your final print. Sound really neat…

7. This is so beautiful, you could get it for a baby’s room and it could grow up with the child. what a neat heirloom.

8. J Jones says:

Hi, Im the maker of the Ginkgo mobile pictured. First thanks very much for posting the piece and the very nice comments.
    J Jones

9. Casey says:

What a beautiful mobile! The metallic copper finish really compliments the delicate shape of the leaves. I think the ginkgo is my favorite tree. It is actually one of the oldest species of plants still around today, which, I think, makes them all the more interesting! Lovely work, J Jones.

10. CarleyGeorged says:

I can hardly pick up my jaw now. I surround myself with gingkoes- I love them so. Beautiful!

11. Renee Ozer says:

So beautiful . . . so unavailable.

12. Kathie says:

I’ve had one of these for a year now. It’s always quietly on the move. I love it. Why not try etsy…