2012 Gift Guide: Jewelry

This is our first-ever Design*Sponge jewelry gift guide, which is a little surprising since we’re pretty much jewelry fiends over here. And jewelry is actually one of my favorite things to give (and receive!). It’s personal, fun and a little frivolous, like all the best gifts. I’ve spent weeks “shopping” for jewelry for this guide, and I’ve narrowed down my big list of jewelry finds to my 50 favorites. If you have an appetite for more, I’m adding those that didn’t make the cut to our Gift Guide Outtakes board on Pinterest. — Amy Azzarito

Agate, Minerals, and Rocks
Image above: 1. Agate Necklace, $40 | 2. Semi-precious Stone Earrings, $48 | 3. Rose Aura, $75 | 4. Fishnet Pyrite Bracelet, $110 | 5. Druzy Geode Necklace, $48.30 | 6. Geode & Quartz Necklace, $36.80 | 7. Pink Fluorite Ring, $180 | 8. Crystal Bracelet, $65 | 9. Rutilated Quartz Earrings, $135 | 10. Melissa Joy Manning Geode Earrings, $365 | 11. Kyanite Earrings, $135   | 12. Nadia Square Ring, $75 (with bezel-set agate stone) | 13. Leather-wrapped Quartz Crystal, $72

Celestial

Image above: 1. Star Bracelet, $38 | 2. Diamond Star and Crescent Earrings, $165 | 3. Milky Way Open Bangle, $80 | 4. Moon Phase Earrings, $34 | 5. Tiny Star Bracelet in Brass, $24 | 6. Stars Light Ring, $85 | 7. Diamond Star Drop Earrings, $585 | 8. Open Star Bangle, $40 | 9. Moon and Star Earrings, $44 | 10. Star Chain Earrings, $440 | 11. Long Shooting Star Earring, $158 | 12. Orbiting Rivets Cuff, $48 | 13. Gold Star Hoop Earrings, $350

See all 50 jewelry picks after the jump . . .

Hearts

Image above: 1. Judy Hollinger Heart Necklace, $99–$368 (I have this and literally wear it every day. Love it!) | 2. I Heart U Ring Set, $198 | 3. Hammered Heart Necklace, $95 | 4. Heart Bead Bracelet, $60 | 5. Heart Cuff Bracelet, $98 | 6. In It to Win It Heart Necklace, $40 | 7. Lovey Earrings, $252 | 8. Bing Bang Oversized Ray Heart Button Earrings, $53 | 9. Avanessi Rose Gold Love Ring, $350 | 10. Melissa Joy Manning Heart Earring, $437

Color

Image above: 1. Growing Double Knot Black and Pastel Necklace, $160 | 2. Watermelon Tourmaline Ring, $78 | 3. Neon Coco in Pink, $218 | 4. Rhinestone Stretch Bracelet, $10.50 | 5. Djoser Gemstone Necklace, $345 | 6. Tassel Bracelet, $46 | 7. Color Study Necklace, $68 | 8. Muir Bracelet, $40 | 9. Enamel Channel Earrings, $42 | 10. Multicolor Faceted Bib Necklace, $95 | 11. Oval Hoops, $40–$46

Image above: Set of Three Gold-plated Brass and Copper Bangles, $190

Image above: Tiny Skull Bracelet, $300 (Something about this teeny skull bracelet just tugs at my heart strings.)

Image above: Accomplish Magnificent Things Starburst, $58 (many more inspirational necklaces from Dogeared)

Image above: Roost Black Diamond Necklace, $288

1. Nicole says:

This is a wonderful collection! Merry Christmas to myself!

2. Sandra says:

Great collection! I love that “Love” gold ring, too bad it’s $350 :(

3. Niki Bradley says:

@AMY

This is such a beautiful collection! Did you by chance come across any stunning “urn” jewelry in your searches? My dad passed away this summer and was cremated. I am getting married next year and would love for him to be with me in some way. All the urn jewelry I’ve looked at has been horribly tacky. Thought it might be worth asking, since you’re a self-proclaimed jewelry fiend. :)

4. Sarah says:

The links for #9 and #11 are reversed on the first image…

5. megan says:

Lovely! On the first image the names and links are switched for #9 and #11.

6. Love the minerals selection, the colors in it are stunning!

7. So many gorgeous pieces. Wish I could wear a few!

8. A Day in May says:

All in credible pieces. I especially love the bangles!

9. Laurel Hill says:

these are all amazing, thanks so much for including my moon phase earrings!

10. Emma says:

Great guide! So many lovely things! The bracelet, #8 in the first section, is actually $65 when you go to the web site though, just FYI.

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Thanks, Emma. I’ll update it.

11. Devika says:

Nice collections all are really cool especially the Heart shape bracelet just loved it.

Devika P

12. Tracy says:

Great guide, but wish that this gift guide included a curated Nickel-free collection for us allergy sufferers :)