zoe tilley

I’ve always been a terrible drawer. When I was working toward my art major in college, drawing was my Achilles’ heel. Thankfully, I figured that out pretty quickly and moved on to other areas, but I’ve maintained a deep and abiding love of artists who work well with simple pencil and paper. These beautiful pencil drawings were done by artist Zoë Tilley. Working with graphite pencil, Zoë draws pictures of butterflies, moths, rabbits and cats that have a dreamily soft and smoky feel to them. Zoë just opened an Etsy shop where you can buy prints of her work, as well as a few originals. Most of them feature adorable tiny animals, so if you’re looking for new animal art for your home, click here to check out Zoë’s work online and shop (prices range from $12–$40). xo, grace

See more of Zoë Tilley’s work after the jump . . .

1. Myriam says:

Makes me think of Beatrix Potter. I subscribed to your blog immediately…

2. jo says:

The cat, has the best expression. Super sweet : ) x

3. Clare says:

Nice pencil drawings.

4. Sandy says:

breathtakingly beautiful! She should illustrate children’s books.

5. These drawings are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing Zoe’s work here.

6. kathryn says:

love the moths!!the texture from the cold press paper she uses really enhances her work!!

7. just struck me as so quaint and wondered if colored pencils are ever used

8. Rachel says:

Beautiful! I wil be visiting her etsy shop. Thank you for sharing this!

9. I’m late responding, but it’s really fun to read these comments about my work – thank you all. Barbara, no colored pencils in these – just graphite art pencils. Looking forward to experimenting with some color work this winter, though. Design Sponge… thank you:)