Image above from this D*S Holiday DIY
Tomorrow is officially December so it seemed like the perfect time to kick off the holidays with a makeover contest! I always love seeing how people transform their homes for the winter holidays, so we thought we’d celebrate that switching over of styles with a makeover contest to find the best holiday mantel, table, tree and home exterior.
If you want to enter, here are the details! We can’t wait to see everyone’s beautiful decorations. Happy Holidays! xo, grace
- Take a photograph of your tree/mantel/table or home exterior undecorated
- Take a photograph of your tree/mantel/table or home exterior DECORATED for the holidays
- Send one photo of each (before + after) in an email (attached as single files, no zip files and no links) to SUBMISSIONS at designsponge dot com containing
- You may enter once in each category (tree, table, mantel and exterior)
- We’ll post our top 3 in each category and you’ll vote on a winner!
- The final four winners will receive $250 in USD from Design*Sponge
- Deadline for entry is December 14th at 10pm EST
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- 2012 Portland Bazaar: Details + Volunteers!
- Must Read: Past & Present Book: Cover Reveal + Preorder, D*S Holiday Wreath Classes in Brooklyn This Weekend!
- 2012 Gift Guides: $25 and Under, Ornaments + Trimming, For DIY Fans, Cards & Gift Wrap, Under $50
- After the Jump: Jen Bekman Interview (mp3)
- Biz Ladies: Part 2 — How to Find Your Ideal Writing Partner
- Sneak Peeks: Luke Fenech and Oliver Chapman, Shara Henderson and Paul Wesolek
- Human/House/Harvey: Ceramic
- In the Kitchen With: Baked’s PB&J Scones
- DIY Projects: Embellished Wood Pencil Block
- What’s in Your Toolbox: Cynthia Warren
- Before & After: Bedroom Makeover
- Upholstery Inspiration: Crewel Chair
- Sound Garden: Vespertine
- Bringing Art Home: Wreath Photogram DIY
- Misc.: Southern Sky Map, Stamps from Fawnsberg, Retro Speakers and Radios for the Home, Sweet Paul Mag: Winter 2012, Modern Advent Calendar from Mini-Eco, Sydney Hale Co., Bountiful Arranging Using Vegetables, Oru Kayak on Kickstarter, Diamond Pot Holders, Ceramic Coal Lumps