To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’ve invited some of our favorite artists, designers and shop owners to contribute table-setting ideas with all of their favorite products and objects. Each day this week and next, we’ll be sharing one with you. Today, we’re delighted to present a table setting styled by Spartan, an Austin-based home goods store specializing in beautiful craft and design items. Spartan’s setting provides a pared-down yet incredibly warm alternative to the standard Thanksgiving fare. — Max
The fruit and vegetable offerings of fall are so vibrant and beautiful that I tend to set a simple table of warm neutrals (creams/whites/tans) paired with handsome wood serving boards, bowls and utensils. Especially at Thanksgiving, I love a feeling of natural bounty, and the food should be the star of the show! Instead of vases of flowers, I opt for small bowls of edibles — pears, persimmons, figs, chestnuts, peppers, etc. In this setting, I paired a simple white and wood palate with beer-bottle lanterns, heavy all-purpose tumblers and oversized rustic linen napkins and placed tiny Seckel pears in the center of each plate.
More images after the jump . . .
- Root Wood Servers, $25
- Extra Large Root Wood Bowl, $110
- Olive Wood Bread Bowl, $62
- Olive Wood Cheese Slicer, $30
- Vintage Linen Tea Towel/Napkin, $18
- Recycled Bottle Lanterns, $35/$26
- Maple Cutting & Serving Board, $52
- Set of 2 Marble Salt & Pepper Cellars, $68
- Simple Mexican Tumbler, $6
- Textured Ceramic Serving Bowl, $30