Thanksgiving Table: Spartan

To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’ve invited some of our favorite artists, designers and shop owners to contribute table-setting ideas with all of their favorite products and objects. Each day this week and next, we’ll be sharing one with you. Today, we’re delighted to present a table setting styled by Spartan, an Austin-based home goods store specializing in beautiful craft and design items. Spartan’s setting provides a pared-down yet incredibly warm alternative to the standard Thanksgiving fare. — Max

The fruit and vegetable offerings of fall are so vibrant and beautiful that I tend to set a simple table of warm neutrals (creams/whites/tans) paired with handsome wood serving boards, bowls and utensils. Especially at Thanksgiving, I love a feeling of natural bounty, and the food should be the star of the show! Instead of vases of flowers, I opt for small bowls of edibles — pears, persimmons, figs, chestnuts, peppers, etc. In this setting, I paired a simple white and wood palate with beer-bottle lanterns, heavy all-purpose tumblers and oversized rustic linen napkins and placed tiny Seckel pears in the center of each plate.

More images after the jump . . .

Spartan products featured in the above photos:

1. Love the “pared-down” table setting. Very clever!

2. EmilyB says:

are those plates trend pacific’s modern bauhaus? i have a set with the blue edge and have been looking for replacement bowls like crazy!

3. rachel says:

I love the table, can you tell me who makes it? Thanks!

4. Sam says:

the wooden serving bowls are to die for.

5. Yelle says:

Love the gorgeous simplicity of the white plates, napkins, and fresh seasonal fruit.

6. Marina Klima says:

It looks neat and simple. and the wooden serving bowl looks perfect for the setting.

7. Karolina says:

Simple, easy but beautifull!

8. 3chictogo says:

Love the table! Simple but elegant. Just perfect!

9. patricia says:

I love this new Thanksgiving feature.

In a family of good cooks I am the “artistic one” and always get to decorate the table.
    Beautiful and inspiring ideas. I can’t wait for the next one!

10. The plates look like Bauhaus. My mom has a huge set she bought from Crate & Barrel in the early 80’s. I covet them. CB2 has their own version too that are almost identical. Very cool!

11. Lisa Tanner says:

Oh my gosh, love love love everything!

12. Melonie says:

I second (or third) the folks above, where did those great tables come from??