Thanksgiving Table: Jayson Home

To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’ve invited some of our favorite artists, designers and shop owners to contribute table-setting ideas with all of their favorite products and objects. Our fourth installment features a table styled by Devin Kirk from Jayson Home, a Chicago-based home goods store. For his Thanksgiving table, Devin mixed patterns and textures to create a rich, eclectic setting with a modern feel. — Max

Photos by Davin Youngs

I can’t cook, so I try to make up for it by setting the table well. I host Thanksgiving every year, and I like the table to look different every time. My starting point for this table was the cool brass lamp shades I picked up at an estate sale this summer. As soon as I got them, I knew they’d be perfect for my Thanksgiving table with candles inside. It kind of inspired a mod black and white and metallic vibe. I love that the brass shades are the same pattern as our Moroccan dessert plates, so I added those over basic white plates from Crate and Barrel. I used a collection of horn vases (1, 2, 3) to hold the flowers. I love the brass detail repeated on these. I topped the place setting with vintage martini glasses filled with cranberries to bring in some more of the red. I love Polaroid pictures, so I had the idea of snapping a photo of guests when they arrive and then placing the photos in the glasses as place cards. Everyone can take their picture home, or I might ask everyone to leave them so I can make an album to remember the night. Vintage hotel silverware is what I use every day, but it looks fancy enough for a party. The napkins are actually hand towels but are great for a big, long meal like Thanksgiving. I set up a buffet in the kitchen so the table stays neat, but I do like to keep wine close — I’m obsessed with our new House Wine Carafes (1, 2, 3), and I always use simple bistro wine glasses from Posh. Also on the table are a couple of our Sea Urchin salt cellars.

Continue after the jump for more photos of this setting . . .

1. Nate says:

I love the picture idea!

2. Exquisite decor and love the polaroid detail!

3. Melissa says:

Where is the chandelier from? It is brilliant!

4. Ally says:

LOVE this table top – check out this in-home table top too…

5. suzanne says:

Stunning! Do share the chandelier source, please!

6. Mary Keates says:

Melissa,I bought this chandelier a number of years ago,and left it in a home that I sold. It is made in Prague and I purchased from Circa Lighting in Lambertville NJ

7. I like these type of table designs. Granted that its an occasion, I really would like to own this at my house. Such vibrant features all-round and also crisp design. These type of readymade furniture are worth owning. Thanks for sharing this post with us!

8. The color scheme is so welcoming and I love the flower arrangement on the table.

9. Jennifer Hayden says:

Trying to find out where I can buy those chairs? Anyone got a source. could not find at Jayson Home?

10. nita says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

11. Splomo says:

Every detail in this styled room charms me right down to the ground. Well done.

12. Ronny says:

Beautiful photos showing options for designing our holiday table, or uses some of the things to update what we have.

13. Very swanky. And what a fun series this is! My ideal Thanksgiving table would have a bit of a Scandinavian modern vibe to it. I know exactly which dishware I’d use and it’d be a blast to assemble a full dinner table with items from my shop. You guys are inspiring me to do so!

14. John says:

those chairs ARE awesome ( as Jennifer said – above )
    Anyone know their story ?

15. Taylor says:

The chairs look like vintage Steelcase office chairs that’ve been recovered with burlap- I’ve got a couple myself! But I’m really loving the look of these ones….

16. Shags says:

I did the photo thing for placecards at my wedding. Everyone loved them. It was a bit tricky at times because I didn’t have photos of some people but I appointed a head polaroid-er to snap shots of those missing on the day. For my friends that I’d had for many years, and also my siblings, I used photos of them when they were little – it was very cute.

17. Emily says:

Red roses, black & white plates, Polaroid place cards: I just love it! Can Devin Kirk come to my house next Thursday and do it for me? :-)

18. Elizabeth says:

I would also love to know where the chairs are from!