Textiles by Knife in the Water

I’ve become something of a two-trick pony these days when it comes to my personal style interests. It seems the only two things my inner design geek cares about are textiles and ceramics. In some respects, it’s always been that way, but over the past few years, it’s been a slippery slide down the “fill your home with ceramic dishes and printed cloth” slope. I don’t buy a lot for my own home (working on this site is so visually stimulating that I need a design break in my apartment), but when I do, it tends to be a simple printed textile or an earthy ceramic piece. Basically, I’m slowly becoming all of the art teachers I grew up loving. (Next stop: long gray hair worn in perma-braids.) Currently, I’m intensely crushing on these bright printed textiles from Knife in the Water. Based in Seoul, Seung yun Yoo creates these beautiful cotton pillows, aprons and napkins by hand, using natural dyes and water-based inks. I love all the pink and indigo; both of those colors feel classic and timeless to me, but the designs are definitely contemporary. Click here to check out and shop Knife in the Water’s full collection online. Prices range from $15 to $44. xo, grace

More from Knife in the Water after the jump . . .

1. Laura says:

I love saturated look of the colours – the blue napkin especially. I’m in the market for some new ones too…

2. I love them. Totally laughed at the long perma-braids.

3. Eksjösounds says:

Wow, really like the crinkly pink color..and together with the solid orange, great contrasts!

4. WSAKE says:

LOVE these so much…

5. Amanda says:

SO much love for Seung’s work!

6. I love the subdued and rich style!

7. genevieve says:

Wonderful pieces! Especially love that star design!

8. I dont think there is pattern here thats not gorgeous!

9. Adriana says:

Absolutely gorgeous work!!!

10. Laine says:

I love her work, soooo beautiful!

11. c owen smith says:

Such style… I adore her patterns and quality.

12. Briana says:

Want everything! So beautiful

13. jo says:

this comment doesn’t need ot be published, but your seoul (first paragraph) is missing the “u”

14. Hi Grace
    I am a maker of both ceramics and natural dyed textiles and so I salute your love of both. Fill that house baby!