Southern Sky Map

Sky maps are so romantic and mystical to me. We don’t get to see the stars much here in the city, so having pictures or maps of them around the house is a nice way to imagine them without seeing them. This beautiful Southern Sky map is from Stellavie Design in Germany. Their silkscreened print is part of a limited run of 500 pieces, each hand printed and numbered. If you’re looking for a beautiful gift for the holiday season, this would be a great option. You can check out and shop ($76 each) this print — and many more — at the Stellavie site right here. Thanks, Steffen! xo, grace

1. Mr. Glitter says:

Wow. This is seriously beautiful work.

2. Anon says:

Any idea where that lamp is from?

3. Iptesam hameed says:

Great job I like to learn it

4. Maria says:

Lovely silk screen! I agree star maps are romantic and mystical. I sell vintage prints and star charts go away really fast. I just have a few right now:

5. Julie Olson says:

Grace, I am ENAMORED of the unusual table lamp sitting next to the stars map in your photo. Can you tell me where to find it? Thanks.

1. Grace Bonney says:

i’m afraid this is a product shot from the designer- but if you shoot them an email they might know :)

6. Verónica says:

I love how delicate the map is and the way constellations are represented. I work with vintage images of the Moon, planets and the starry nights. Old designs are much more intrincate.