D*S Holiday Wreath Classes in NYC: This Weekend!

This time last year, Amy and I were packing up to drive a massive Econoline van full of greenery down to Philadelphia to teach over 100 people how to make wreaths. It was the final event of our book tour, and it was so fun to end it on such a happy note. We both learned that teaching a wreath class is one of the most fun ways to spend an afternoon, so I was more than happy to work with Etsy this year when they asked if we’d like to teach a wreath-making class for their Etsy Holiday Shop weekend. One of the reasons I love this class opportunity is because the organizers covered all of the costs, so attendance is free! If you’ve ever taken a wreath class before, you know that the fees are typically pretty high because natural greenery and materials are pricey, but this weekend, you can learn to make wreaths with us for absolutely free!

If you’re in the NYC area, Amy, Max and I will be teaching two classes this Sunday, from 1:00 to 2:30 and from 3:00 to 4:30. Each class is free and open to the first 20 people who come. That’s the largest size the space can fit, so please come early to grab a spot and join us for some holiday fun. In addition to making your own wreath (you’ll go home with a finished wreath and ribbon to hang it), you can also get a big chunk (if not all) of your holiday shopping done while supporting indie artists and designers. If you’re interested in attending, there’s more info here. Everything will be held at 131 Green Street in Soho (NYC). Hope to see you there! xo, grace

1. Samantha says:

It looks like both events are sold out when I went to RSVP on the website! Boo.

2. Heather says:

Do we have to RSVP or is it the first 20 people who show up? Sorry I’m just confused now!

1. Grace Bonney says:

heather

etsy is managing this, so i think it’s just first come, first serve. i didn’t see an rsvp link…

grace

3. Samantha says:

Sorry to chime in a second time, but when you click on each of the classes in the Event Program at the bottom of the Holiday Shop page, underneath the class description is an “RSVP” link that takes you to an eventbrite site, which says that both classes are sold out. But if it is indeed first come first serve then I will hopefully be at the second class!

1. Grace Bonney says:

samantha

oh weird- let me ask- that wasn’t what i was told….

grace

1. Grace Bonney says:

it may have been that they sold out when the class info went up- but i just got the details this week so i didn’t know it was up yet :(

4. Heather says:

Aw sad thanks for the info!

5. Bre says:

I have a quick question! If I did make it on the RSVP list, am I guaranteed my spot if I arrive 5 minutes before the event starts i.e. I don’t have to get there super early? Thanks!

1. Grace Bonney says:

bre

i’m afraid we can’t answer that- please email etsy as this is their event, i’m sorry :(

grace

6. Miachel says:

I was in the first wreath class earlier today, and it was awesome.

Thanks for the sweet tips and great idea! :)