2012 D*S Gift Guides: Ornaments + Trimming

Every year I get excited for one gift guide: ornaments and trimmings. I methodically save images and links starting in October and have to stop myself when my initial selections hit 400. This year it was nearly impossible to narrow it down to fewer than 100 decorations, but I just made it. There are few things more fun than decorating a holiday table, tree or vignette, so I’ve done my best to include as many ideas for ornaments, garland, tree toppers, wreaths, tree skirts and lights as I could. There’s something for every style and budget in here, so I hope you’ll find something that suits your holiday style. Also, I did a really extensive roundup of menorahs last year, so if you’re looking for those, click here to check out all 54 great designs. Happy Holiday Decorating! xo, grace

Images above, clockwise from top left: Tree Candles $69, Bottled Glass Glitter $16, Paper Ornaments $14, Newsprint Trees $24, Brass Trees $28, Birch Bundle $65, Horse Ornament $11.25, Sleigh Ride Bells $128, Recycled Paper Garland $42, Mother of Pearl Wings $39

Images above, clockwise from top left: Cuckoo Clock Ornament $28, Beaded Snowflake $8, Magnolia Wreath $70, Glass Ornaments $25, Tinsel Icicles $28, Silver Animals $3, Glitter Ornament $6, Silver Garland $16, Geometry Ornament $12, Bird Clip 4 for $15

Images above, clockwise from top left: Magnolia Garland $106, Pinecone Garland $20, Zeolite Ornament $88, Winter Woodland Wreath $98, Rosehip and Fir Swag $36, Zeolite Garland $800 (if you won the holiday lottery), Quartz Ornaments $8+, Agate Ornament $14, Forest Floor Topper $28

70 more wreaths, garland, ornaments, tree toppers and more after the jump . . .

Image above: Feather Wreath $15

Image above, left to right: Felt Ball Wreath $31, Flower Wreath $31

Image above, left to right: Felt Garland $15, Triangle Garland $15

Image above, clockwise from top left: Mini Tree and Garland $100, Flower Garland $19, Vintage Tinsel $7

Image above: Poinsettia Garland $32

Image above: Vintage Garland $24

Image above: Christmas Paper Chain $10

Image above: Bell Garland $29

Tree Skirts

Image above, clockwise from top left: Basket Tree Skirt $58, Faux Fir Tree Skirt, Mistletoe Tree Skirt $55

Tree Toppers

Image above, left to right: Glitter Tree Topper, Glass Owl Tree Topper $58

Images above, clockwise from top left: Hummingbird Ornament $6, Pom Pom Garland $58, Pom Pom Ornament $14, Alphabranch Ornament $8, Ornament Wreath $128, Facet Ornaments $5.85, Peacock Clip $55, Glass Tree $38, Needlepoint Canvas Ornament $12

Images above, clockwise from top left: Glitter Garland $18, Bird Clip $6, Lemonwood Ornament $49, Branch Menorah $125 (more menorah here!), Snowflake Ornaments $8+ each, Gold Trees $28–$38, Arrow Ornaments $7.50–$12, Luminere Ornament $21 for 3

Image above, left to right: Confetti System Ornaments $9, Geo Glass Ornaments $6

Image above, clockwise from top left: Himmeli Ornaments $49 for 8, Onion Ornament $22, Himmeli Garland $77, Polish Star $18

Image above, clockwise from top left: Glitter Acorns $47 for 9, Mason Jar Ornament $12, Vegetable Ornaments $38 for 6, Candystripe Ornaments 3 for $18

Image above, clockwise from top left: House Ornament $30, Retro Ornament Set $25, Bird Clips $15 for 4

Image above, left to right: Tinsel Bubble $10, Swiveling Tinsel Bubble $10

Image above, left to right: Fringe Garland $28, Acid Pearl Ornament $16

Images above, clockwise from top left: Cabin Ornament $12, Waffle Cone Ornament $23, Cat Ornament $12, Knit Bird Ornaments $5

Image above: Origami Bows $10

Image above, left to right: Hand-crocheted Christmas Lights $22, Stargazer Lights $48

Image above: Pinecone Lights $38

1. Scheherazade says:

Nothing like ornaments and trimmings to get me in the mood for Christmas!

2. TieDye64 says:

Wow, fantastic roundup. Thank you!

3. Bobbi says:

These are some beautiful decorations! I just hauled all of mine up from the basement:)

4. Rachael H. says:

too much love for me to even sort through! all of these are so great! :)

5. Mollie says:

So many gorgeous collections! I love the idea of geometric Christmas ornaments.

6. Jill says:

Wow, this is truly an amazing assortment! Thank you!

7. So many beautiful things to choose from!! All I can say is WOW that’s a lot of research and I totally appreciate it! Thank you!

8. Kelsey says:

Where is the ornament from to the right of the bird clip in the silver collection? I love it!

1. Grace Bonney says:

oh shoot! sorry i missed that- i’ll track it down ;)

9. heather says:

those little birdies dressed for the winter are adorbs!

10. I just love all of the neutral and white! It fits perfectly into my color scheme this year!

11. JJ Pagac says:

Thank you for all the great assortment of decoration ideas! I especially liked the knit bird ornaments!

12. Lisa Porter says:

I was delighted to see this wonderful selection of ornaments and trimmings! There used to be two small design boutiques here in Lexington that sadly had to close shop. They always carried hand-made ornaments very similar to some that I see here. Again thank you for the great selections and for always bringing new and interesting stories for us to enjoy!
    Happy Holidays,

13. Scott says:

These are awesome ornaments! I might give some of these a try this year. Thanks a lot.