preview: alyson fox for west elm (launching 10/23)

One of the best things about watching handmade and independent designers grow and thrive over the past decade has been seeing them create beautiful guest collections for larger brands. As much as I love following their own collections online, it always makes me so happy to see their work exposed to a larger audience that will get to know them- and love them- for the first time. Alyson Fox is about to launch an incredible new collection with West Elm this month that was too beautiful to wait on. The collection won’t be online or in stores until October 23rd, but her rug, pillow, lighting and chair designers are so gorgeous I wanted to preview them as soon as possible.

Alyson brought her love of geometric patterns to a seriously stunning set of rugs that are destined to fly off of shelves later this month. The rich color palette she chose feels perfect for fall and the pattern feels so fresh yet timeless. The pillows share the same bold color palette and the geometric patterns continue through in Alyson’s pendant shade design and chair. The chair seems to be online already, so if you’re interested in checking that out or ordering one, you can click here for more info ($99 each). The full collection will be online (I will update this post and the D*S Twitter and Facebook feeds) on October 23rd, but until then you can check out more images here on Alyson’s site. Also, if you’re in the Austin area, you can join Alyson for the launch party at the Austin West Elm on October 18th (more details here).

Also, Alsyon’s plate collection for Ink Dish will officially be available for purchase on October 17th. It’s a big month for lovers of Alyson’s work so stay tuned for all her big launches this month. (Here is a preview of the Ink Dish collection). Thanks to Alyson for the peek and congrats on the fantastic new designs! xo, grace

More images of Alyson’s West Elm collection continue after the jump…

1. wiesje says:

Must. Have. All.

2. So so lovely! I’m a sucker for geometric patterns.

3. Abbie says:

Good on West Elm for featuring independent artists! I love photography, especially her “Ghosts” series. And I wish I’d known about that first pillow yesterday, I just wrote a post about accessories with art deco references.

4. Krysta says:

Wow, these are beautiful! I think I need to get a couple of those gorgeous pillows.

5. Julia says:

I saw the rug on top in a west elm store yesterday…

6. Laura says:

those pillows are perfection!

7. Lou says:

What will the rugs be priced at? I LOVE them.

8. Can’t. Wait. Can’t. Wait!

9. I adore those pillows and think they would look even better on my couch. The pattern reminds me a little of this: Maybe these will be more affordable!

10. Melanie says:

WOW !!! GREAT to see Alyson’s work here as I love everything she creates. Cool she is teamed up w/ West Elm. I want one of everything…Can’t wait to go shopping “) Just viewed the dishes and I LOVE them !! Going 2 get rid of the old & in w/ the new.
    Way 2 go Alyson!!!

11. Jessica says:

Oh wow, I love those geometric patterns – very inspiring!

12. Internet says:

Great stuff!

13. jg says:

love this look, contemporary and youthful with a splash of cozy!

14. I love how the geometric print looks on the pendant shade. It’s bold but soft at the same time. I can’t wait till her line is in the store so I can go check it out in person!!

15. Sasha says:

Do you know how to get partnered up with West Elm if you are an independent artist?

1. Grace Bonney says:

you’d need to call their corporate office in dumbo or email someone there to ask about product development. they are in dumbo so they probably won’t be back open for work for a few days though, just an fyi.

16. I just bought one of the pillows, and I’m totally in love! See a close up here Thanks for alerting me to the collaboration.