if you’re waiting for a sign . . .

I’m not usually one for sayings and quotations, but I love this little paper-cut design from Jonathan at Mr Yen. It’s a reminder to push forward and stay motivated as well as a beautiful piece of art that would look lovely on anyone’s wall. I think this would be great for an office — it’s a pretty (and friendly) little nudge to keep moving and innovating. Each hand-cut paper of leaves, seeds and flowers (based on original drawings) is arranged to feel like a loose, natural lace; it’s so delicate I’d almost hate to put it behind glass and lose its airiness. But it would be gorgeous no matter how you displayed it. Click here to check out this piece in detail (it’s roughly 8 x 11 inches in size) and order online ($72 each). xo, grace

1. HA! Such a great piece.

2. ri gal says:

Paper cuts! Love love love! Right now I’m steeped in it. Keeps me sane. Oh I love paper-cutting!
    :) :) And THIS is a sign for me. A little nudge. To believe in the leap of faith I took. And the best part is, it involves paper cutting! <3

3. ri gal says:

OMG. The website! Lovely. It’s a sign :)
    I don’t need anybody’s okay now. I’m set to go! Maybe it’s One Republic’s Feel Again playing in the background, but I know I can do it! :)
    I want to jump and tell the world, about me and my paper cutting! Love you Design Sponge for being my inspiration! Grace. :) You keep putting up the right posts right when I need them :)
    Papercuts and signs! XOXO

4. sometimes we just need a sign….
    and voila~ here it is….. adore this sweet sign.

5. Caitlin says:

That is beautiful.

6. Anna says:

I love this, reminds me of Polish folk art.

7. wave says:

missed this artwork for a week but still made me smile when I saw the message! =)

8. Flower Child says:

You were my sign tonight that what my intuitive self is telling me, it is true. Thank you for such a gift! Now I can go forward with focus and confidence that I’ve already accomplished that which is in my heart to do.
    YOU (this web site) is partially responsible for my spiritual ability to trust.
    Again, Thank You!!!!!! <3