There’s something (wonderful) in the water these days when it comes to women starting incredible events, communities and organizations dedicated to supporting artists. There are fantastic indie markets and guilds popping up across the country, and now there’s an exciting new event in Austin to look forward to called Feliz. A collaborative effort between Abby Powell and Natalie Davis, Feliz will be held on November 2nd–4th and will include both a curated holiday sale and a weekend full of fantastic workshops. Focusing on handmade work and supporting the local Austin community, Feliz will feature more than 25 local and national makers and will offer classes in everything from making necklaces and custom holiday cards to learning essential crafting skills. I wish I was in Austin during this weekend, so if you’re in town, I hope you can stop by and check it out; it’s always great to support local makers and get some early holiday shopping out of the way.
Since I’m such a big fan of this concept and execution, I’m happy to be hosting not one but two Feliz giveaways today that I think will appeal to DIY and design fans alike. Here are the details:
MEET THE MAKERS WORKSHOP Giveaway
Win a spot in one of the following workshops:
- Hand-Carved Stamps for Handmade Wrapping Paper with Krank Press
- Riveted Pendant Workshop with Fail Jewelry
- Natural Indigo Dye Workshop with Folk Fibers
- Photo Accordion Books with Book Bound Bindery
- Happiness for Your Walls: Create Your Own Keepsake Shadowbox with Shanna Murray
More details on each workshop are available here.
- To win, leave a comment on this D*S post about what skill you would like to learn.
- The winner must be able to attend a workshop in Austin, TX, on Saturday, 11/3. (Transit and lodging are not included in the giveaway.)
GET THE GOODS Giveaway
- Leave a comment on this D*S post about what place/activity you’d like to visit/do in Austin. Get some inspiration with our Feliz Friday favorites and D*S Austin City Guide.
- Only 1 winner, must live within the US.
Please note: both the Workshop and Product Giveaway contest ends on 10/19 at midnight, EST. Workshop winners (5 total) will be notified by email (10/21) and must confirm their spot by 10/23. Product giveaway winner (1 total) will be notified by email (10/21) and must confirm their address by 10/26. The product package will be shipped out by 11/9.
UPDATE: THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN AND CONTACTED VIA EMAIL- THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ENTERING!