crystal bulbs

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve found myself paying more attention to the functionality of objects. I live in a small space, so if something doesn’t serve at least two functions or have a small footprint, it doesn’t cross the threshold. However, every now and then I get totally swayed by something that falls firmly into the decoration category. Enter these crystal bulbs from Lee Broom. Handmade from English full-lead crystal, each one has an intricate cut pattern and a brushed brass pendant fitting. I love the way this blends traditional and contemporary. I think it would look most impressive in a large grouping, but at $175 a piece, that’s not exactly in my price range. For now, I can keep eying these and imagining them grouped above my desk as a dramatic statement. Click here to check them out in more detail and order online. xo, grace

1. Al says:

Those are ridiculously gorgeous and out of my price range. This poor art student bit sucks.

2. These would look great placed linear and at different heights over a dining table! Love them!

3. These are STUNNING! Now I want them above my desk! Let’s all pray for a sale. =)

1. Grace Bonney says:

dana

for hand-carved crystal (not glass/plastic) it seems pretty accurate. but i know, that’s not a price i can afford either, esp not for a single bulb.

grace

4. Cheyenne says:

Lovely! Clusters of these would be fun to try, too.

5. how2home says:

This is amazing! I love the details on the bulb but its a little bit pricey for us :( but regardless its stunning!

6. Tara says:

I’ve found a cheap kind at Walmart! They are round and very pretty…they give off a nice pink light but look clear. I am using one in a cheap aluminum clip on task lamp. The bare bulb was driving me nuts and it looks great. I think it is GE?

7. Rose Apodaca says:

Hello All,
    Such a lovely surprise to see this on designsponge! No notice and no idea and that’s makes it such a surprise! THANK YOU.

Please think of these not so much as a light bulb as a light source, the way you would a gorgeous lamp.
    And since the LED is replaceable it can last a lifetime! xoAndy+Rose/A+R

8. Georgia says:

I just wrote a post about the exact same ones!

I absolutely LOVE these bulbs!

9. liz says: