Atomic Garden

Oakland is experiencing an influx of cool little shops: From Temescal Alley and Umami Mart to Pop-Up Hood in Old Oakland, there’s definitely some exciting activity brewing in the east bay. One shop that predates this craze but is every bit as modern and lovely as these new ventures is a favorite Oakland boutique of mine: Atomic Garden. It’s about five minutes from my house, so I pop in often. I’ve scored some gorgeous woven baskets, a few rings, a cotton blanket and some perfume here, but they always seem to have something new to covet. For those of you who don’t live in the bay area, don’t fret: Atomic Garden has just launched their online shop! Now you don’t have to be there to shop their wares, but if you ever visit Oakland, definitely put this little gem on your must-see list because the shop’s displays and the styling are always inspirational, as well. — Kate

1. Mihaeko says:

What a beautiful place. I love the textiles and those slates. Wish I were nearby, wonder if there might be something quite similar here in Brooklyn…

2. jen says:

hmmm…i wish atomicgarden had a facebook page, so i can get updates…very nice!

3. jen says:

oops! they do have a facebook page, just looked it up. awesome store!

4. Kristy says:

wow – this place is beautiful. I love the sunlight and open shelving and unpainted wood . . . in fact, this is what I want my kitchen to look like someday!

5. Patricia Austin says:

That is sooo wild. I was just there this past weekend and thought, “This would be great on Design Sponge.” Awesome! I fell in love with all the turkish towls and and sundries

6. Brittany says:

So many good posts today! I didn’t know where to start! I snuck a peek while in class and couldn’t wait to get home so I could read more! This place looks great- I wish I could just touch those blankets! They look wonderful.

7. LeeAnne says:

Bonus: It’s co-owned by Billie Joe Armstrong’s (Green Day) wife! :) It’s a very cool shop.

8. Sharon says:

Love the products, made in New Zealand and with our wool for a little country we get around and an on line store too great

9. Gwyn says:

We LOVE this store.

10. MyMOSAIC says:

Full of great gifties! Thank you for the introduction!

11. Beth says:

I cannot find their address anywhere on their site. Where are they located??

1. Kate Pruitt says:

Hi Beth!

They are at 5453 College Ave. in Oakland. Here is their yelp page: http://www.yelp.com/biz/atomic-garden-oakland. Hope you check it out!