Animal Love: Elephant

Ask and you shall receive. I got so many great suggestions for animal roundups after Animal Love: Fox that I’m a bit worried you’ll be sick of these by the time I’m happily searching for hedgehogs while watching Downton Abbey on repeat (that may have happened already). I have to admit that I’m loving the hunt for animal-themed products more than feels normal. I particularly love the idea of celebrating the elephant through design. Did everyone see Urban Elephant? The story of Shirley and Jenny? (Part 1 is here, and DO NOT MISS Part 2.) Max and I watched it in the office yesterday, and we were both in tears. I think Max put it best when he said, “Elephants are so special.” They certainly are. — Amy Azzarito

Image above, clockwise from left: Elephant Cuff, $85; Organic Felt Elephant, $80; Utopia Elephant Lamp, $395; Elephant Studs, $68; Etched Elephant Pillow, $29; Brass Elephant Bookend, $82; Elephant Luggage Tag, $10; Elephant Hook, $20; Elephant Watering Can, $12

Image above, clockwise from left: ASOS Elephant Belt, $9.67; Elephant Scarf, $59; Elephant Side Table, $213.95; Elephant Lamp, $249; Baby Elephant Pillow, $26

Image above: Savannah Story Bust, Elephant, $128

Image above: Elephant Duvet Cover, $250

1. allison says:

I love elephants!!! Is it bad that I want everything here??

2. Maria Anne says:

Paper Source has some super cute hedgehog designs! (and foxes too!)

3. Such familial animals, perfect for a home. Classic with just a touch of exotic whimsey.

4. liz says:

I love elephants! My grandfather collected them, and I inherited his collection when he died. I may have to add a few of these babies as well :) I even have one tattooed on my arm in honor of him. Also – to those who also love them, searching for teak elephant bookends on ebay/etsy is generally a recipe for some great finds!

5. Shannon says:

I love decoylab’s elephant clocks:

Donkeys next!

6. jackie jade says:

I’m obsessed with that elephant lamp – one day it will be mine! May I suggest a roundup of dog stuff? There is obviously a TON of stuff out there, but would love to see a roundup of some of your faves!

7. I love these! Thank you so much! Could you find a selection of penguin-themed products?

8. Hooray for elephants. I love your picks. The elephant doll is gorgeous and the lamps and duvet cover—oh me, oh my! Yes, elephants are special!

9. Parville says:

All are very nice … Ihav’nt these !! My collection of elephants includes approximately 500 specimens in multiple materials. Now I have no place so i am looking for the pub (paper) where the elephant is the symbol and use for all he is great values

10. Parville says:

I love the most part of this elephants ..there are really nice ! I should like to have somme of them !

11. Melissa says:

Love the elephant luggage tag! I heard that if the elephant’s trunk is up, then it is good luck!

12. peaches says:

YEEP. Lovin on these elephants! The gold ones in particular. Who knew gold and elephants went so well together? I also love the recent rise of the hedgehog. I hope it eclipses owls. Not that owls are bad…it’s just, you know…they are like the Justin Bieber of design trends. I don’t want them as my boyfriend.

I for one would love to see more giraffes. And sea horses. And possums (why does nobody pays attention to the noble possum?). Snuffalupugi. My uncle used to say that a rhinoceros was just a fat bald unicorn. Not nearly enough rhinoceroses being celebrated if you ask me.

13. Stacey says:

ah! i love these! and Etsy has some great vintage elephant planters!

14. Kristine says:

That elephant lamp is too cute!

15. Pamphilia says:

I love elephants too, but at the moment I am a little concerned about the iconography, especially on elephant prints for wee ones. Maybe after the election I will be able to see elephants as just elephants again.

16. Stephanie says:

Love this! Maybe an Animal Love on Donkeys would be fitting this election season! :)

17. Andrea says:

What an incredible duvet!

18. Erin Renisnk says:

My great grandmother collected elephant figurines during the great depression – they were her one luxury. After my grandmother passed we split up her collection and I have a really fabulous little elephant vase. We’ve added to the collection with a handmade stuffed elephant for my son, a handcarved wood elephant from a sanctuary in Thailand and handpainted figurine my sister brought from India. Glad we aren’t the only elephiles around!

19. Kelsey says:

These animal love posts are going to bankrupt me!

20. Shane says:

Very cute! I hope you’ll do an animal love post for scotty dogs one day!

21. Saretta says:

I didn’t know I liked elephants so much! I really like the Organic Felt Elephant, the Etched Elephant Pillow, and the elephant luggage tag.

22. how2home says:

Love these elephant decors! Elephants are such beautiful and gentle animals. Had a great experience with them in Thailand. Can;t wait to go back!

23. Regan says:

I love elephants, but frogs are by far my favorite animal. Can you do a hunt for frog stuff?