animal love: bunny rabbits

When I worked at the New York Public Library, one of my favorite things to do was to look for animals hidden in the carvings around the building. It was a game we used to play with the children who came to visit the library. I may not be six, but I still love a bunny rabbit. And while I’ve been in love with that White Rabbit lamp for an embarrassing number of years, I love the idea of hiding a little rabbit on a hinge or on a finial even more. — Amy Azzarito

Image above, clockwise from left: Rabbit Lamp, $516; Brass Bunny Finial, $14.95; Baby Rabbit Bookends, $40.91; White Rabbit Lamp, $82; John Derian Small Plate, $48; Bunny Bookends, $60; Little Bunny Snow Dome, $16; Bunny Hinge Head, $9.95; Big Bunny Ring by Digby + Iona, $180

Image above: Gray Felted Bunny Slippers, $95

1. caroline says:

Ooooh this post made my day Amy! I have a bit of a rabbit obsession (I own that white bunny lamp and the same one in grey too) and I’m glad it’s slowly catching on. I agree that it’s best to keep them hidden to keep things fun though. See how many bunnies you can spot on my house tour:

2. Linda Winder says:

Bunnies are the best. (;

3. Mary says:

Those bookends are so fantastic! And I love the cozy bunny slippers!

4. Caytlyn says:

Oh my bunnies are my favorite…I’ve got a little one named Domino, after the magazine haha. I would so own those bookends! Way cute.

5. Kristin B says:

A post after my heart! I’m also a huge bunny lover, and like Caroline, I have many, many bunnies hidden around my apartment too. ;)
    Love that hinge – never would have thought of that, but I think I might need to look into it now. Can never have too many bunnies. ;)

6. Oh man – that lamp. I think I need it in my life.

7. Bulle says:

I love ! I want them all :-)

8. GAH TOO MUCH CUTE!! those slippers! omg! i’ve been lusting after the white rabbit lamp too…it would be perfect in my photo studio :)

9. Moira says:

I have those bunny slippers (I admit my cousin’s the designer) and they’re my favorites. Super cozy and cute.

10. Bunny is what my hubby calls me, I love the book ends and slippers!

11. ashley says:

i looooove this post!! i’m a bunny mama to the most adorable tortie lop, archimedes. :)
    just in case you want to see his cuteness, here’s my latest instagram of him:

12. There are toooooo many cooooool bunny items to mention, although you found some really great ones. I love the bunny slippers. I make quite a few bunny paper play products myself. They are too cute not to use as inspiration.