keeping things tidy: bookend roundup

Now that I no longer work from a couch all day, my view has changed significantly. Rather than staring at a wall with a TV, I now stare at a wall full of art and design books. As much as I miss my daily movie fix (the best tool for getting through hours of research or roundup building), I love having colorful book spines to look through for inspiration. Today I thought I’d round up pretty ways to organize those inspirational books so that they always stay protected and easy to find. I have a habit of stacking books and coming home to towers that have cascaded all over the table, so these will definitely come in handy for my personal life, as well. Happy book organizing! xo, grace

Images above, clockwise from top left: Vintage Blenko Bookends, $950; Cork Planter Bookends, $44; Bookbinder, $56; Naked Bookends, $29.95; Owl Bookends, $195; Vintage Jacks Bookends, $450; Dachshund Bookends, $29.95; Brazilian Agate Bookends, $98; Silver Ceramic Bookends (set of 8), $159.60; Gem Bookends, $950; Fornasetti Bookends, $348; Balloon Dog Bookend, $39.99

Images above, clockwise from top left: Marble Bookends, $120-$195; Fin Bookends, $32.40; Shaped Bookends, $160

Images above, clockwise from top left: Pig Bookends, $29.95; Impala Bookends, $82; Rabbit Bookends, $62; Horse Head Bookends, $345

19 more bookend options continue after the jump (animals, type, retro)!

Images above, clockwise from top left: Agate Bookends, $159; Vintage Murano Glass Bookends, $750; Hay Bookends, $32; Agate Bookends, $98; Bookends of the Earth, $168; Modernist Brass Bookends at 1stdibs, $1800; Bookend Table Lamp, $500

Images above, left to right: Owl bookends, $29.95; Brass Owl Bookends, $25; Cast Owl Bookends, $125

Images above, clockwise from top left: Brackets Bookends, $45.60; Alphabet Bookend, $55; XOO Bookend, $190

Images above, top to bottom: Black Cat Bookends, $27; Westie Bookends, $40

Image above: Coral Bookends, $52.31

Image above: Fork and Knife Bookends, $45.60

Images above, top to bottom: Vintage Ship Bookends, $39; Mermaid Bookends, $46.99

1. Imaginative! Inspiring! And, out-of-the-box, as always.

2. Melissa says:

love the brackets bookend!!

3. Sara L. says:

Bookends are my kryptonite! I am helpless before them. I have way too many already, and then you had to go and do this. I will be broke before the end of the day. Thanks a LOT, Design Sponge! (seriously awesome roundup, guys!)

4. cathy says:

I love bookends, such a legitimate excuse to decorate!

5. I love all the animal bookends. So playful and cute!

6. Julie says:

I just snagged the pirate ships – THANKS, Grace!

7. I was just thinking about bookends today! Found a funky pair of purple bulldog bookends this morning on our site (which I didn’t even know we had!). Love the unique roundup, Grace. The weiner dog one in the first image is my favorite.

8. Deborah says:

awesome roundup – I have fewer books than I used to (thanks to the Kindle) but that’s okay because it gives me more room for gorgeous bookends. I love these ones by the design pallet https://www.etsy.com/listing/104965930/adjustable-wood-and-steel-bookends – they keep everything tidy and standing up straight :)

9. Nancie says:

Holy cow! I love all the different bookend especially the Westie ones. Imagine my excitement when I found my brass owl bookends featured here. Thank you so much!

10. Winifred says:

I have one of the impala bookends and don’t know where to get the mate :(

11. marisa says:

this is an excellent roundup.

12. Sue says:

Where do I see about getting the fork and spoon book ends?

13. Sue says:

Oh wait I found the product link after all. Sorry I missed it at first.

14. A Day in May says:

Love all of these, it’s hard to pick a favorite! But the owls and the coral are certainly front runners.