Wedding in Sunny Provence

As we head into the last month of summer, I’m a bit dismayed to find myself already a few steps ahead, impatiently tapping my fingers for fall to arrive. I’m thankful for things like this sun-drenched summer wedding, reminders that I should enjoy the present, and soak in every last drop of late season sun. These gorgeous photographs were taken by Kat Braman at Karen and Howard’s wedding in Provence, France. With a backdrop of incredible flower fields and rustic buildings, the couple wisely decided to keep the details simple and handmade. Kat had shared her favorites with us, and I’ve included a ton of photos after the jump as well. I hope you enjoy this vicarious jaunt in the French countryside as much I did. Thanks for sharing, Kat! —Kate

Read the full post after the jump…

Karen is from Holland and Howard is Cuban but grew up in California.  They met while they were both living in Texas. Karen’s parents have had a home in the town of Valaurie for about 10 years and the first time Karen took Howard there, they decided that if they both agreed that’s where they wanted to get married.  They chose the date based on when the lavender and sunflower fields would be in bloom and used those as color inspirations for their wedding day.
This was my first time in southern France and I fell in love with it instantly.  The people were incredibly kind and charming, it smelled incredible everywhere, the food was even better than I expected, and the scenery was like something out of a movie.  It was truly magical. Kat Braman

Wedding Planning & Design: Nathalie Gros-Bonnivard from Majenia Marriage
Stationary: Nathalie Carrigan from 120 Water Street
Flowers: Jean Louis Amice
Catering: Comme une Abeille
Wedding cake: Escobar Gourmandises
Reception venue: Domaine de Grangeneuve
Accomodation guests: Mas Bella Cortis they also did our rehearsal dinner. The other one was Les Esplanes
Wedding dress: Cymbeline
Bride Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Groom: suit from J Crew, shirt and tie from Boss
Bridal children: J Crew
Wedding rings: Ring Finger Studio

Purchased Props/Decor:
Burlap banners with text
Butterflies that were on the fireplace at Maison de la Tour
Hanger for wedding dress: Zara Home
Clocks at the ceremony:  Passion Cadeaux and ebay
Bakertwine used for many things was Divine Twine in Lemon

DIY Projects:
Lavender cones: kraft paper and this tape
Menus for the rehearsal dinner: again kraft with the same tape as the cones
Jam Favors: Nathalie bought the jars, jam and yellow vichy fabric that she used to cover the lid, and added twine ribbon
Escord tags/nametags: handcut from kraft paper
Wineleaves for table setting: handcut from kraft paper
Wooden signs: cut/sawed by Nathalie’s dad and messages written by hand
Ring bearer pillows: linen filled with lavender and fabric hearts in provence colors
Candleholders: yoghurt pots that Nathalie collected for months before the wedding
Vases and pots for flowers on the table were recycled as well and customized with twine
Wooden boxed for the menu were recycled
Table numbers, favor tags and sign for the “message on a bottle” : made by 120waterstreet, as were the invitations, weekend “welcome brochure”, and tags on welcome bag.

1. Anne says:

Love the detail on the envelope flap!

2. shannon says:

Oh my heavens…this is just too much pretty!

3. Absolutely stunning- makes me want to get married again . Such wonderful ideas!!

4. Loving the rustic details and the adorable car! What could be prettier than getting married by fields of lavender?

5. Gorgeous wedding photos!! Congratulations, Kat!

6. jackie says:

Gorgeous…but that’s Kat for ya. Always beautiful and timeless imagery.

7. Avery says:

Love it. I have missed posts like this on D*S!

8. Leah Canseco says:

This is absolutely beautiful. I’m so in love with it! Swoon!

9. Oh my! This wedding is ideal :)

I love the lavender. I love the bread on the table. I love the flowers. I love it all!

10. cheyenne says:

these shots are amazing! everything looks so beautiful.
    xo, cheyenne

11. Kalen says:

love everything about this wedding! stunning.

12. Dina says:

Beautiful! Love it!

13. Samira says:

wow!!! what an amazing wedding!!!

14. Nessa says:

These are absolutely freaking awesome. Kat’s one impressive lady. :)

15. Kiki says:

m.a.g.n.i.f.i.c.e.n.t…. long may they live happily and ever after!

16. Nina says:

Fantastic! Beautiful imagery! Gorgeous photography! Lovely Wedding! :)

17. Ashley says:

Lovely, but “Marriage” on the hydrangea box is misspelled. Eeep!

1. Kate Pruitt says:

Ashley – Actually marriage in French is with just one r, so the spelling is correct I believe.

18. Kat Braman says:

Yes, “marriage” is mariage in French with just one “r”

19. Phoebe says:

This is very nearly my dream wedding! The south of France is one of my favorite places to be. Beautiful wedding!

20. adanielo says:

This hit me like a blow to the chest. Just….unbelievable. I am using this as inspiration for my bedroom “makeover” but didn’t realize it until now. I already have the sunflower, lavender and linen elements. Incroyable!

21. Stunning….. I must take another trip to Provence.

22. Chi Morgan says:

Hi — where did you get the chairs from – cant find anyone who does them ! Needed for wedding in France in May 2013. Thanks. Chi