vintage inspiration: dining

If there’s one thing the Design*Sponge community has in common, it’s a love of vintage. A couple weeks ago, Grace and I decided to escape the Brooklyn heat for some Connecticut vintage shopping. It was pouring rain, but we managed to hit quite a few spots, and when we saw this plate at Leonce Antiques, we thought the colors would be great inspiration for a room. So here is our first post for a new column in which we turn our favorite vintage finds into design inspiration. We hope it inspires you on your quest for unique vintage pieces. — Amy Azzarito

Object photography by Maxwell Tielman

Images above (clockwise from left): Spinning Vessels Bowl, $14; Salt and Pepper Shakers, $50; Lemon Gumdrop Pendant, $69; Strut Table in Watermelon, $500–$700; Dipped Juice Cup, $25; Standard Chair, $325; Brass Match Holder, $28.01 (via Tydepool); Summer Sangria Mix, $10; Sorrento Platter, $58

Read the full post after the jump . . .

Images above (clockwise from left): Cantilever Lamp, $149; Maison Bouche Chocolate, $6; Modern Neon Serving Spoons, $22; Zambales Storage Basket, $68; Princeton Junior Wall Sconce, $159; Belvoir Fruit Farms Lemonade, $8; Riviera Side Chair, $198; Whisk, $8; Matte Porcelain Cup, $25; Aldo Pitcher, $268; Slotted Serving Spoon, $38; Graphic Lidded Basket, $99–$149

1. Lovely new column! Can’t go wrong with vintage finds in modern spaces. It’s one combo that will never fade or fail. Excited for the new column!

2. Jody says:

Yay! This new column sounds amazing!

3. Jennifer says:

Fun idea for a column. Old and new work well together!

4. I just love the colors of these vintage items. They will pick up any room.

5. Deeyn says:

I LOVE that blu dot desk. It is my favorite!!! Have you ever seen pictures of my guru Jenna Lyon’s office? She has (or had) it and of course it is styled in an amazing way.

6. Deeyn says:

I LOVE that blu dot desk. It is my favorite!!! Have you ever seen pictures of my guru Jenna Lyons office? She has (or had) it and of course it is styled in an amazing way.

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Deeyn! Love the desk in Jenna Lyons office. We actually have it in our d*s office too – it’s just as beautiful in person.
      xo

7. CJ Dellatore says:

Totally love the strut table, would be great in my back yard!

8. sara lim says:

very inspiring indeed!

9. Dana says:

I was just looking at that gumdrop pendant light and it’s down to $29!! I SO wish I had somewhere to put one! Gorgeous collection!

10. I love this idea for a post. The vintage inspiration is great. I think this would also translate well into a bedroom with fun throw pillows and the yellow tray shown above.

11. caitlin kelch says:

So excited by this column :) It’s perfect!

12. Definitely eager to check out this column! I look forward to seeing what vintage pieces inspire you!

13. Girlie says:

Super new column.

14. eva says:

awesome, i love this new column!