Attention DIYers and crafters! We wanted to have a fun interactive event on the site this summer, so we’ve decided to throw a Painter’s Tape DIY contest with $1K in cash prizes. Just in case you missed the announcement last week, we decided to share the details again. The entry can be any home-related DIY, and the only requirement is to use painter’s tape or masking tape as one of the materials. We’re really hoping to see some inventive projects, so grab your tape and let your creativity run wild! — Kate
Here are the details. Please read carefully!
- Contest: Painter’s Tape DIY
- Description: Create a unique and inventive DIY project that uses painter’s tape in some way, ANY way! It can be anything home related: textiles, furniture, decorative objects, stationery or paper based, lighting . . . there are no limits! You can use any materials, but painter’s tape must be one of them. The tape can be a tool for making designs, but it could also be the material the project is made out of. I had a friend in college who knit an entire pillow out of masking tape, and it was awesome!
- Details: What do you need to turn in? 2–3 styled shots of the finished project, 3–4 process shots and a short description of the project (how you came up with it, why you like it, etc.). Great photos will go a long way with your fellow voters, so here are a few tips: Shoot from a straight-on perspective (no extreme angles), try to shoot the project during the day with plenty of diffused natural light and make sure the shots are in focus!
- Due Date: All entries must be received by 7pm EST on Sunday, July 29th. (I wanted to make sure that everyone has time to dive into this project and make something they love!)
- How to Enter: Send your email to SUBMISSIONS AT DESIGNSPONGE DOT COM with the subject line “Painter’s Tape DIY Contest Submission.”
- What to Include in Your Email: Your full name, phone number and email address (this will only be used to contact you in the event that you are a finalist and for no other purpose). In addition to your contact information, you need to include the images as individual JPEG attachments (or in a zip file), and the text, which can be in the body of the email or in a text doc. Images need to be at least 500 pixels wide. Again, please attach files, do not embed them in the email body.
- What You Win: We will be awarding three cash prizes this year: $500 to 1st place and $250 each to 2nd and 3rd place. Once the winners are selected, we will confirm your address and send you a check in the mail.
Also, here are a few answers to questions we’ve received regarding submissions:
- We know not everyone has blue painter’s tape in their area. For that reason, we are allowing any kind of masking tape.
- You can submit multiple entries.
- We will not accept projects that have been featured on our site or other sites besides your own personal blog.
Okay, that’s it! Good luck everyone — we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
A huge thank you again to ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape for sponsoring this contest.
ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape is bringing awareness to the ways in which artists, interior and fashion designers, stylists, DIYers and creators are using ScotchBlue tape in unique ways. Recognize and reward creative people and creative projects at ScotchBlue brand’s Facebook page.