Human/House/Harvey: Mad Men

human house harvey, mad menConfession: I have never watched Mad Men. I know — I am totally missing out on the wonders that are Don Draper and incredible 1960s style. But even though I haven’t sat through an episode of the show, I can definitely identify its quintessential aesthetic and premise because of its truly viral nature. So if I were to create the perfect Mad Men lifestyle for my home, my pup and me, here are some of the things I might include:

HUMAN — It has been an ongoing battle to find the perfect laptop case. Over the years, I have tried out a couple options, but none have really fit the mold. This one, with its vintage yet sleek design, comes pretty darn close.

HOUSE — It’s hard to find a sofa that has both a pop of color and interesting lines without being kitschy or overdone. I think this one from Design Within Reach offers a unique shape without being too complicated.

HARVEY — My dapper Mr. Harvey would channel his best Don Draper in this classic polka dot wide-collared tie. It’s definitely a piece we need to add to his wardrobe. — Stephanie

1. tivogirl says:

your dog’s name is harvey too?

2. viceroy says:

Neither the button down collar nor the wide, polka dot orange tie are characteristic of Don Draper. He rarely wears bright colors or standout patterns.

3. Plein Jane says:

Actually, none of this looks like Mad Men — at least, not yet. Don is still wearing narrow ties. An episode might have been a good idea!

4. Disappointed says:

It’s quite obvious that you have never seen Mad Men. ALL of this misses the mark. I know it’s supposed to be a cute post, but Don Draper in polka dots? If you want the tag traffic at least get someone who has seen the show to write the post. D*S is usually so on-point.; please stay a site I trust and want to read.

1. Stephanie says:

I appreciate your candid responses to my Mad Men round up. While I am still jumping on board with the series, I wanted to do a post that captured the overall aesthetic of the show in a modern way and not the exact wardrobe per-se. (It can be pretty tricky finding a skinny tie for a dog). I know there are die-hard fans out there who know the show backwards and forwards and I’m sorry if I missed the mark on this one.

5. michelle says:

what a great theme this week! I love it and I especially love Harvey’s tie. So dapper :)

6. I love the laptop case – it reminds me of a school bag. Can you tell me who it’s made by? Thanks!

7. Sara says:

The dog tie is cute, but I don’t know what any of this has to do with mad men (which I notice without being a die hard fan of the series). The mad men tag gives the post a very forced and somewhat contrived note.

8. POOCCIO says:

thank you GABY@STILELEMENTE for the link.

Our SS12 Collection hits stores next week and we are soo excited after months of designing and production – its here and ready to deck out many stylish Australian homes and doggies!