still life ipad case

I know the idea of repurposing artwork drives some people insane, but I’ve seen so many painted canvases torn in the streets of New York that I love it when people find new ways to keep them in their daily lives. Leslie Oschmann of Swarm is the queen of giving old paintings new life, and these iPad cases she made for Anthropologie are no exception. Each one-of-a-kind case is a literal work of art and comes with a leather strap for closing. I’m not always a fan of the slick look of most tech gear, so I like the idea of cloaking it in something a little more weathered. Click here to check it out in more detail and order online ($248 each). xo, grace

1. Now THIS is my kind of iPad case. Beautiful, artistic, inspiring, love this!! :)

xoxo

2. Debora says:

Wow, they are so beautiful…
    And the fact that they are unique makes it so much special.

3. Heather says:

WHOA! crazy $$$. DIY project indeed.

4. Courtney says:

These are truly beautiful. Kind of makes me want an ipad, just so I could dress it up in a pretty case.

5. Juliet says:

I like them, it’s a great idea, but I’m sorry, I don’t think they’re worth $248.

6. Julianne says:

I really love the idea as long as the artwork is really not in good shape and isn’t repairable.

7. Pat says:

Nice. Those are really beautiful artworks. You can show off your iPad even when it’s inside this case. Awesome work!

8. Michael Ann says:

Such a great idea! I always see poor lonely paintings at the thrift store, what a great idea to give them such a cool new life.

9. Letica says:

Beautiful! Creative. Gotta buy me a small sewing machine!!!

10. Ashley says:

Very cool, but sadly they are severely overpriced.

11. Diana says:

Oh god this is more than beautiful… I LOVE it!

12. Maryann Pusateri says:

go leslie!!!!!! great idea!!!! from your friends robin and maryan