Federico Saenz-Recio

My embarrassing love of pink seems to be spreading, and I’ve gotten some amazing hot pink tips from D*S readers lately. Sarah Reid sent me a link to Federico Saenz-Recio’s work, and naturally I flipped. So much pink — and used so well. I don’t get excited about just any pink; it needs to be vivid and used the right way, and Federico does it perfectly. His abstract paintings combine acrylic, graphite, pastel and spray paint and have a great energy to them. The painting above is definitely on my “things I’d like to own when I win the lottery” list. Thanks to Sarah for the tip! xo, grace

1. lisa says:

Well, these are just perfect. Wow. And since we’re talking colour here, I just have to point you to kristy gammill (http://www.kristygammill.com/gallery/) and amy sia (http://society6.com/AmySia)….both of whom are on my lottery-winnings list ;)

2. These are so beautiful! Right up my alley!

3. Ribbu says:

Ooooh. Though I’m suffering from overexposure to pink these days (4 year-old who is the only granddaughter to three sets of doting grandparents) I have to agree that these are exquisite. Maybe I can convince the doters to invest in one of these, instead of ten thousand tutus.

4. Sarah says:

Hooray! He’s definitely on my lottery list too.

5. I love the way the Coral interacts with the Black – seeing that a lot in product designs lately

6. I think these are a great pick! I was thinking how much I love pink and gray and then I found these gorgeous abstracts which are full of strokes, splashes and drips of pink and gray. Beautiful.

7. Kristin B says:

I adooore these! We must have been on a similar brainwave as I blogged about his amazing art work just last week! I can’t get enough of it either!

8. Cheltz says:

Simply beautiful!

9. Shelley says:

These are amazing & just a sampling of the gorgeous work he has shown on his site!

10. pilar says:

Me encanta el color rosa con gris, me da paz.Buen equilibrio, me gusta.

11. pilar says:

Me encanta la composición de colores, en conjunto me da paz y alegría.

12. amyks says:

Thanks Lisa for the links to the other 2 artists…some very cool art pieces!!