design*sponge at home is officially out!

After two years of hard work, editing, photoshoots, endless all-nighters, Design*Sponge at Home is officially out! I thought writing that sentence would knock me off my feet, but to be honest I don’t think it’s hit me yet. It’s hard to describe what it’s like to work on something so consistently for two years and see every element of it slowly come together. To finally have it finalized, in print, and in stores feels like a dream. A beautiful dream, but still a dream. It’s raining cats and dogs here in Brooklyn today, so as soon as it lets up I’m going to sneak around like a dork and see if I can find a copy in my local book store. I think the moment I see the shiny gold cover and the silly blog name I typed into Blogger.com seven years ago it will feel real. But right now I can’t believe we actually did it!

The book was (as still is) the biggest team effort I’ve ever undertaken so I just wanted to thank everyone involved for every ounce of energy, support and inspiration they brought to the pages of Design*Sponge at Home. People keep telling me that this is the publishing version of giving birth and if that’s the case, the “in need of a long nap” part is definitely accurate. But until that nap comes around (I think that will be in December after the book tour) I’m so excited to finally be able to share what we’ve been working on so hard for the past two years. This book was really about facing all of my biggest fears (Would anyone actually pay for something after reading D*S for free for this long? Does anything I say really deserve to be printed? Can I push myself hard enough to make my deadlines and beat my harshest critic- myself?) and doing the best I could to tackle them. I have the utmost respect for anyone who’s ever written a book- this process was harder than I could have ever imagined. But I have a feeling that getting to meet all of you out there in person on the book tour will be the most exciting and rewarding way to celebrate ever. I just can’t wait to hit the road, start crafting and see you all.

Thank you so much again for your support. To all of you who have purchased, wish-listed or even thought about picking up a copy of Design*Sponge at Home- thank you. Your support has really made all of this possible and all of us here at D*S are so grateful.

I’m heading out to prep for this weekend’s first book tour event, but until then, you can read more about the book, the book tour and find links to buy the book right here (store links are on the right hand side of the page) on the book page. Whether you pick up a copy at your local book shop or order online, I hope you’ll enjoy flipping through these pages as much as we enjoyed creating them. xo, grace

*Book trailer above by Ryan Marshall, music by Rabbit!

1. Teresa says:

Sorry, BOMC =The Book of the Mouth club. It’s probably just back ordered or something. They told me that I may have to wait up to 30 days! OUCH!!!

2. Melissa says:

Congratulations, Grace! I’ve been following D*S since (nearly) the beginning, and just seeing the site grow over the years has been such a treat. I’ve ordered the book from Amazon and it will hopefully be in my anxious hands this weekend. I absolutely cannot wait to sit down with it!

3. tom says:

Dear Grace, just received your book and I am very very V E R Y thrilled by it. So many pictures, so many happy colours, SO MANY PAGES ;) Even my 12-year old daughter (who actually only speaks and reads dutch) is enthusiastic about some ideas and colour schemes and wants them done in her room. Keep up the good work, lots of greets and kisses from Tom and family in Antwerp, Belgium.

4. Teresa says:

YAY! I finally received my book. Now there is no need for me to plan a raid on the BOMC offices! :-) Thanks, Grace, for whatever you did to get them to ship.

The only bone I have left to pick is with the mailman… he just left the package at the door to my apartment where anyone could have walked off with it. Apparently he had no idea of what precious cargo was inside!! :-)

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much teresa :)

xo
      g

5. Sasa says:

Congratulations, Grace!
    I’d like to know if the book is available in Spain or any good site to buy it online with free or low shipping rates, could you recommend me any?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi sasa!

amazon is probably your most affordable bet- will amazin.uk ship to spain?

grace

6. Jenny says:

I finally got a copy of the book today for myself and I have to say I am so PROUD of this book and happy to have been a small part of it. Thank you for including me! Jenny pg. 336