wythe hotel

Grace and I spend most of our time bouncing between Williamsburg and Greenpoint here in Brooklyn. I live in Williamsburg, she’s in Greenpoint and our office is in Greenpoint. Between all the stores and restaurants in the two neighborhoods, we could stay busy for weeks. Friends are always asking us where to stay in the ‘hood, but so far, we haven’t had any good options. Then we heard about a new hotel built by Andrew Tarlow of Williamsburg restaurant favorites Marlow & Sons and Diner. So on a beautiful sunny day last week, Grace and I walked over to the Wythe Hotel to check it out for ourselves. — Amy Azzarito

Fancy hotel hits Williamsburg! The hotel is housed in a textile factory built in 1901, and the owners made sure that the 72-room hotel would retain much of its industrial character, like its concave corner entrance, original pine beams, masonry, arched windows and cast-iron columns. Andrew Tarlow is managing the hotel’s food and beverage program, including Reynards, a ground floor restaurant and bar with courtyard seating, and Ides, a sixth floor bar with Manhattan views and an outdoor terrace. While I don’t think I can justify staying in a hotel a few blocks away from my apartment, I’m definitely planning to become a brunch regular.

More images of the Wythe Hotel after the jump . . .

1. Katie says:

Looks gorgeous! I’m going to recommend my in-laws stay here next time they visit.

2. Lianne says:

Do you think he designed the side table too? If not, anyone know where it might be from?

3. Michelle says:

I just noticed the big, red Hotel sign a few weeks ago. It’s like it popped up overnight. I’ve been curious about what it’s like inside and now I know! Thanks!

4. Kara says:

What an amazing hotel room, the wallpaper is really nice.. I would like to have it in the kitchen.

5. Mr Glitter says:

I don’t know anyone in Williamsburg, but sure wish I did.

That bathroom with the walk-in shower (hello floor tiles) is to die for.

I’m sure the whole place is fabulous!

6. Caroline says:

Beautiful. Where is the mirror from? Thanks

7. tori says:

i’m pretty for sure the table is designed by my friend Sawyer at http://cargocollective.com/SawFurniture/Wythe-Hotel-Nightstand

very talented dude.

8. Stunning! I love the grn an wht wallpaper, any idea where it’s from? So strange to see major changes in my old neighborhood, it’s good but also bittersweet at the same time. Glad to see they tried to retain most of the buildings original features.

9. caroline says:

what a great hotel! love those bathroom. I am a sucker for subway tiles.

10. Charlotte says:

Please tell us about the wallpaper

11. Grace Bonney says:

charlotte

the wallpaper is a custom design by local designer dan funderburgh :)

grace

12. ktdd says:

I almost went by there for a drink today…I’m looking forward to checking out the space. The wallpaper is SO lovely!

13. al says:

regarding the wonderful windows–how is privacy dealt with? recessed shades or curtains?

14. Phil says:

Looks great until I saw the windows. Looks like the cheap, generic windows that almost everyone uses. If you’re gonna redo an old building and retain the…oldness, at least get those modern windows that mimic old style.

15. charles says:

I can see the hotel sign from rehearsals at Triskelion on 11th. We went to the Ides friday night, it was a pretty great view. They were keeping a seriously artificial long line for the elevator to get in though.

16. SP says:

I stayed here, and it was amazing. the rooms are beautiful, clearly, but the beds are also really comfortable, and the restaurant downstairs was delicious and a really good price point. and the customer service was warm and welcoming to boot! i would absolutely go back/highly recommended.

17. David Martin says:

Very nice and to see the original industrial look is refreshing. Well worth a visit I would say and a designers delight!

18. This looks incredible – thank you so much for sharing! It’s almost too embarrassing to admit, but we’ve never even been to Brooklyn! I cannot wait to plan our first trip and stay at the Wythe! Thank you, thank you!

19. Brad says:

Anyone know who makes the radio on the bedside table? Love that whole scene!

20. Jenny says:

Great photos! (Full disclosure — wallpaper designer’s wife here.) Kara, you can find the wallpaper through Flavor Paper. http://www.flavorpaper.com/wallpaper/detail/155/

Al, The room I saw had 2 layers of recessed shades — one blackout and one that could let the light through.

21. Marina says:

Great photos, thank you! Do you have any idea who makes the bathroom plumbing fixtures?

22. Isadora says:

Love the photos! I have been scouring the internet to figure out who makes the bathroom sinks (especially the single basin). Any ideas?

23. Lauren says:

I’m in love with the round bathroom mirror! Anyone know who makes it??

24. Tania says:

This wallpaper is amazing.

25. Sawyer says:

Hi Lianne-

I’m the maker of the side tables (as well as the marble and steel coffee tables and steel loft furniture sets). My company is called SAW and we’re based in Brooklyn, NY. Our website is http://www.SAWfurniture.com and you can also find us on Etsy.

26. jodie james says:

Does anyone know the maker of the black tiles in the bathroom shower?

27. salome.abesadze@adjaragroup.com says:

hi. who can inform me which company supplied the mosaic tiles of reynards restaurant at wythe hotel? thank you.