Before I head out for the long weekend (yay!) I wanted to share a gorgeous engagement party that is so full of beautiful color and flowers that I couldn’t resist it. Seattle residents Mark and Amy met in Montana and share a love of the outdoors, music and tattoos. They celebrated their engagement with a small 20-person party at Via Tribunali, a Seattle favorite in Georgetown. To create an event that would match the couple’s colorful style, Rachel Bowes of Finch & Thistle Event Design picked a vibrant palette of coral, turquoise and gold and paired handmade details with carefully chosen vintage pieces. It was a labor of love (she hand-cut pieces of confetti!) but the final result was absolutely stunning and the couple loved it. I hope you’ll enjoy these photos and ideas as much as I did. I’m totally going to steal that streamer chandelier idea (it only cost $4 to make!) for a party sometime. More details and pictures from their beautiful party continue after the jump (and after the weekly wrap up).
I’m heading to the Catskills for some fresh air and non-laptop time, so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! I’ll see you back here on Tuesday- have a wonderful Memorial Day! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- After the Jump (DS Radio): Brooklyn Flea Interview (mp3)
- National Stationery Show 2012: Neon!, Sweet Nothings, Sweet Bella, Seed House, Personal Favorites
- ICFF 2012: Copper + Brass, Geometric Designs, Wallpaper, Lighting, Pattern
- Living In: Cold Comfort Farm
- City Guide: Princeton, NJ
- Biz Ladies: Best Online Tools for Your Business
- Sneak Peeks: Merav Sade, Evan & Oliver Haslegrave
- Sneak Peek Best of: Floral
- DIY Projects: Painted Glass Tabletop
- Sewing 101: Ombre Embroidery Sampler
- Before & After: Closet Makeover, Kitchen Nook Window Seat, Atlanta Loft Transformation
- In the Kitchen With: The Best of Vegan Recipes
- Misc.: oh joy Mouse, Crowded Teeth: Fancy Stamp Ring, Home Terrain, 10 More Etsy Shops You Should Know, Ben Fiess Jars, Baggu Keychains
The engagement party continues after the jump…
Sally Balt of LaHappy designed the gorgeous invitations inspired by vintage floral illustrations and the event’s bright spring palette. The neon pink hand-lettering makes the invitation fancy yet not stuffy and the sparkly gold paper adds a touch of glamour. She chose a sweet coral cotton ribbon to tie the entire set together.
As a compliment to Via Tribunali’s wood-fired pizza, Kerissa Foster of Kerissa Bakes created a beautiful coral and turquoise ombre vegan cake for the couple with polka dot ombre cookies. Kerissa Bakes is a Seattle dessert studio that specializes in vegan goodies.