saint john street press

There is a huge part of me that would happily spend the majority of my day bent over a piece of linoleum carving stamps. They remind me of being in the printmaking lab in college, but in miniature form. And I’ve never met a miniature version of anything I didn’t love. These hand-carved stamps are from Tessa Kelly at Saint John Street Press, and they’re so simple I can’t resist them. Tessa recently graduated from the Harvard Graduate School of Design and started carving stamps on the side while she wades into the world of architecture. I think she’s definitely got the beginnings of a great side empire, and I just placed a little custom order. If you’re in the market for a cute stamp, click here to check out and shop Tessa’s collection online. xo, grace

1. BP says:

Shouldn’t the type face of the rubber stamp itself be laterally inverted in order to get a straight imprint? (re: second image, “save the date”)

2. LOVE these. especially with the blue ink.

3. Becca says:

Wow! These are really beautiful. I’m also completely in love with the Racebrook Celebration Cloth. Amazing!

4. Tessa says:

Hi BP! Yes, the second image is inverted so that you can read it.

5. Jee says:

Wow, the Save the Date in blue is gorgeous.

6. kalanicut says:

Gorgeous. Definitely a side empire in the making!

7. Wow. These are so lovely. Yeah, I’d say she has a nice side business. I like seeing the stamp block. Yeah, I too love printmaking.

8. Tessa says:

Thanks all for your kind words!

9. Dorothy says:

Love this. Brings me back to college print making class too.