icff 2012: copper + brass

I have to admit that I’m being a bit selfish kicking off today’s trade-show coverage with stories about neon and metal detailing. Mostly because those were my personal favorite trends and ones I’m always dying to see. My first ICFF post includes my favorite booth and pieces from the show, all created by Egg Collecive, a design studio in Brooklyn. If I could have taken any pieces from the entire show home, it would have been everything (and I mean everything) from their booth. There was sort of a ’70s geometric vibe happening with all their pieces, and their use of metallic detailing definitely sent me over the edge.

There are tons of other great copper, brass and gold details around the show, so I hope you’ll enjoy today’s first look at ICFF trends for 2012. xo, grace

Image above: My favorite lighting piece from the entire show. A chandelier from Egg Collective in Brooklyn.

Image above: The Northumbria University’s Designers in Residence’s Tools for Everyday Life section (say that 10 times fast) is quickly becoming my favorite booth every year. It’s always full of tiny objects that I immediately want to stash in my bag and take home. These copper rivet lights by David Irwin were a favorite for sure.

Image above: More from the Northumbria section — Tatsuya Akita’s copper-detailed desk accessories.

Images above: Copper pieces from Blu Dot

Image above: Brass and gold detailing at Lindsey Adelman’s booth

Ten more new images continue after the jump . . .

Image above: Brass detailing on hanging pendants from Roll & Hill by Jonah Takagi

Images above: Brass detailing on furniture from Volk in Brooklyn

Images above: Neil Conley’s Batchstick (it holds matches and you can strike them on the side of the tube and then use the bottom to create a wax seal)

Image above: Brass detailing in stools from Rich Brilliant Willing

Image above: I loved the brass detailing on the legs from this table by VONNEGUT/KRAFT

Image above: Detail of Lindsey Adelman’s candlesticks

Image above: Colin Wilson’s Wedges

1. Julia says:

I love the handles on the Volk furniture. I’m a big fan of brass, we just ordered a brass floor lamp. I’m curious how brass blends with chrome/stainless (for example we’re doing brass in the living room but chrome in the kitchen)

2. b says:

grace, moma is featuring a bunch of artists from mexico in their shop right now, and this light reminds me of a small version of that top one (and surely it’s more affordable):

3. What amazing pieces.. *.*

Did anyone saw http://bykoket.com lovely furniture? They are at ICFF too and i truly fell in love.. Who else fell in love with Koket, like me?

4. Ellen says:

I’m also excited by the copper and brass accents that were big this season. Tom Dixon has been rocking the brass/gold look for awhile but this year at London Underground he seemed to have more copper than I remember. I like seeing copper/gold/silver all together this season instead of being so “matchy matchy” by sticking with the same metal.

5. Evita says:

Oh my, I am smitten with Lindsey Adelman’s work.

6. debra says:

I love that brass is big! It’s a nice departure from all the stainless we see so often. Gold and brass accents add warmth and interest to a space while keeping it classic. Just bought a new house and I’m for sure going brass….

7. jess says:

grace – you’ll love these copper and brass goodies too! [booth 843] http://shop.iacolimcallister.com/

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks jess- i have more from them coming up on d*S tomorrow. looove I and M.

g :)

8. The mushroom like candlesticks holders by Lindsey Adelman are divine. So many great copper and brass finds.

9. Sue says:

Batchstick is genius.

10. Victoria says:

Did anyone see dlV Collection? they were booth 1661, and had a beautiful bar cart and dresser. They also used brass wonderfully

11. Samuel Gudgeon says:

The desk accessories were actually by Tatsuya Akita, the scalpels in the background are David Irwins.
    Also, the wedges…?! Didn’t get those. Bit pretentious if you ask me

1. Grace Bonney says:

oh no! thanks for the correction, fixing now.