tray tables

I think a small part of me is slowly reverting to my tween-age self. I just painted my bedroom a super pale pink (which my mom reminded me was my favorite when I was little), and I’m now hunting down Bombay Company-style tray tables for the entryway because they remind me of the kind I grew up with in Virginia. Sadly, it looks like the old-school ones I love aren’t as easy to find these days (they’re number one in my “find at Brimfield” list now), but while I was hunting, I came across some pretty cute tables that I thought would work as bedside tables, entryway catchalls and occasional tables. So if you’re in the market for something small (but functional), these might be for you. I think the red one below would be adorable as a mini home bar. xo, grace

Image above, clockwise from top left: Jonathan Adler Meurice Butler Tray Table, $689.70; Normandy Tall Tray Table, $689; West Indies Tray Table, $599; Ebony Square Table, $138

Image above: Mirror Coaching Table at Chelsea House (contact directly for pricing and availability); Formosa Tray Table, $39.99

Image above: Antique Tray Table, $1200; Fretwork Tray Table $239

More tray tables after the jump . . .

Image above: Oval Butler Tray Table, $139

Image above: Nickel-Plated Cocktail Tray, $115.44

Image above: Lachlan Tray Bedside Table, $199

1. I am such a huge fan! These tables are so great for just about every room in the house and they are gorgeous too!

2. How fun! I grew up using Tray Tables – these are all fabulous modern updates/uses! Love the gold/white bamboo.

3. Molly says:

A brilliance selection of a design style not much seen these days.
    Great post.
    From the Llustre Team at Llustre.com

4. Golly! Still needing a tray table/bar cart. Needs to happen. Fab options here!

5. Janine says:

I saw a table top tray nearly identical to the red one at target! It doesn’t have the legs but it is the same style and the same color. I was thinking of buying it a few days ago and spraying it another color. That’s why I noticed it.

6. E.Phraner says:

Fantastic round up!

7. Well done. Though I hate Pink, I love the way you make things work for this job. Great effort. :)

8. The last one is perfect for our home. We bought one,a month ago but we didn’t find as many as you have shown here.

9. Charlotte V. says:

I want to find a mid century mod one!

10. I love tray tables and was on the search for the perfect one for years. I finally found the legs at a flea market, cleaned them up and shellacked them. I bought leather straps and dyed them the right color brown and purchased a large tray from West Elm. The finished product is just right for me.

11. I don’t own any tray tables but have been trying to find something for my foyer and maybe one of these would work. It’s a small little space. Love the inspiration pics :)

12. Norine says:

I empathize. I did a complete reversion to my tween/teen age self for my current home office. I loved filling the space with all the colors and objects I always wanted from a Tord Boontje lamp to 826la.org posters to flamingos and orange tables. The best part is my rainbow ribbon window coverings/inspiration boards! Alas, it is time to grow up, so I am seeking slightly more mature furnishings . I sure had fun though!

13. I empathize. I did a complete reversion to my tween/teen age self for my current home office.

14. Amber says:

Great tray tables/bar tables at Society Social! Thats where I got mine.

15. ling says:

i love these! so quaint but practical, thanks for the lovely images :)