once wed magazine: tuscan wedding

On my list of “things that make me happy,” seeing a friend and colleague succeed with a new project is right at the top. So many of the amazing writers, designers and crafters we’ve gotten to work with here at D*S have launched awesome projects over the years, and I’m thrilled to share a sneak peek at yet another fantastic idea from our extended D*S family. Emily and her amazing team at Once Wed just launched a gorgeous new special edition print magazine that is 100% new content. There are no ads, but there are huge, beautiful images and enough great ideas for entertaining to keep you busy for months. The styling in most of the shoots was done by the über-talented Joy Thigpen, and the entire magazine looks glamorous and sophisticated.

I’m so happy that Emily shared an extended sneak peek from the new Once Wed Magazine with us today. This amazing Tuscan wedding belongs to Londoners Lindsay and Ryan. Their location, Castillo Vicarello, was so beautiful that the styling was left to a minimum, and most of the details were understated and natural, a combination that is music to my ears. The ceremony started with a bridal march, which was a re-worked techno song, and ended with a disco celebration that included a confetti bomb. High-five to anyone lucky enough to attend this wedding — it seems like the coolest understated event ever. And of course, congrats to the happy couple and everyone at Once Wed on their new magazine (you can pre-order a copy here). xo, grace

Photography by Jose Villa

More images and details from the wedding continue after the jump . . .

Wedding Credits

Photography by Jose Villa
Styling by Joy Thigpen
Venue: Castillo Vicarello
Coordination: SposiamoVi
Calligraphy by Betsy Dunlap
Letterpress by Blackbird Letterpress

1. Rebecca says:

Oh wow, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on a copy.

2. Adriana says:

I want to remarry my husband and have this ceremony!! Simply beautiful. Love it. Love it. Love it.

3. Lori W. says:

I’ve been following OnceWed for a while now, and am always impressed by their content. I’m sure the print edition will be a treasure.

4. Kristan says:

Totally copying the candles thing sometime.

All around lovely!

5. C´moi says:

OH – MY – DOG!
    Love this! What a dream..! I love the kind of informal feel to an outdoor wedding.
    I could really picture myself with a wedding like this… ;) Sadly I have not found the guy to marry, plus here in Norway the weather is too unstable to plan such a wedding (at least not without a backup plan in case of rain). :)

6. Love, love, love. The votives, the wood, the china. Eek…so happy right now. xo

7. Mabiel says:

wow wow wow! The aisle, the candles the tables and dinnerware – all so lovely! And your comment form speech bubble looks neat too! :)

8. Absolutely beautiful! Talk about understated elegance at it’s best! Congratulations to everyone involved in this beautiful wedding!

9. hollie says:

where can I find the place settings and glasses??