kauniste finland

This fabric reminds me of sugar-covered gumdrops. If the color palette wasn’t enough to sell me on it, the reminder of candy pushed me over the edge. Kauniste’s new fabric “Sokeri” (which means “sugar” in Finnish) is part of their Fall 2012 collection (I know, I’m sorry, it’s a super early preview). In addition to this fabric, there’s a sweet forest pattern that would be perfect for little ones and little-ones-at-heart alike. This is a pretty advanced peek, so I don’t want to get too deep into the collection yet, but if you want to check out more, you can view the full Kauniste collection online right here. I love the cheery color palettes so much. xo, grace

1. The Scandinavians have the best sense of play with their design. These are so cute!

2. Beautiful! you had me at ‘sugar’ ;)

3. Cheltz says:

Love the gum drop one, Grace. Why such an early preview?

1. Grace Bonney says:

cheltz

really no reason other than they sent it to me already. they noted it was an early release, so i figured it would make good eye candy for the morning. i think its good to be inspired by things you can’t automatically own or buy sometimes.

grace

4. Oomph says:

The Finns are so creative! What great material to make so many things!

5. Andrea says:

I really do seem to love all things Scandinavian in design…and this is no exception.

6. What adorable totes that fabric made. Love the patterns and colors!

Christina

7. Becky says:

God I love Finnish textiles and designs. Awesome!

8. Stephanie says:

Isn’t that gumdrop pattern available in a tea towel already? I’m in love with it! Reminds me I need to finally buy one.

9. Milla says:

Hello Stephanie, yes the sokeri is printed as tea towels, and at least Cube Market sells it online in the US. Thanks everybody for your nice comments!

Milla / Kauniste

10. Elvira says:

also love the white shoes!! do you know where they are from? thank a lot!!

11. kaori says:

> Elvira
    I think the shoes are Jack Purcell – Converse.

12. Sophie says: