ikea ps 2012 rugs

I’m always excited to see Ikea’s new PS collections because they tend to be the store’s most creative pieces. Their latest series is launching at the Milan Furniture Fair and is full of bright colors and simple geometric shapes. I’m not normally a fan of bright primary colors, but these new rugs made of connected circles are pretty cute. I think they’d be fantastic for a minimalist office or for children’s rooms. These rugs — and all the other pieces — will be in stores this August. Until then, you can check out the full series in their online press kit. xo, grace

1. Jenn says:

I’m sorta dying for the Easy Chair!

2. Ryan says:

I love the rugs, but with a dog and cat in the house I can only imagine those cut outs would soon be filled with fur :) If only we had some “off limits” rooms in our house.

3. Very Marimekko. Another instance of color blocking hitting the home?

4. JT says:

Ditto on the Easy Chair. And I will be grabbing a couple of Plant Stands when they come out. Fun link – thanks!

5. Lauran says:

What a great resource — thanks. I am personally looking forward to that pendant light and the armchairs. And the easy chair too!

6. Nia Basset says:

What does the PS in IKEA PS stand for?

1. Grace Bonney says:

Nia

I always thought it was for “post scriptum” like P.S. at the end of a letter.

Grace