heath ceramics 2012

Coral-y pinks have been my accent colors of choice for the past few years. That perfect peachy red was our go-to color for the Design*Sponge book, our office desk and last year’s site redesign. Every time I see that color, it makes me feel good inside; it’s just so warm and pretty. So I was thrilled that Heath Ceramics’ new summer seasonal collection, which just launched this weekend, embraces that color palette with a range of tableware in the shades “California Poppy,” “Grapefruit” and “Birch.” In addition to gorgeous colors, Heath also introduced an interesting series of pieces that juxtapose smooth and textured finishes on the exterior. It’s a really cool departure from their normal style, and I’m excited to see them in person. Until then, you can check out (and shop) the new series online right here. All photos by Jeffery Cross. xo, grace

More photos after the jump . . .

1. Oh, these are so incredibly pretty. People need to stop making such pretty things–I just don’t have room for them all in my house.

2. Ian says:

Heath does it again! So classicly stunning. I’d love to pepper those bud vases throughout my whole apartment.

3. Leah says:

Lovely! The decaying looking charcoal pieces are so striking.

4. tracy a says:

oh yes, those colours are perfect! i would feel abou them the same way i felt about opening the D*S book…just something about those colours!!

5. Oh these are just dreamy. I think those might match with my redwood set right?

6. keith says:

What an amazing update of an incredible brand – very well considered and truly in spirit of the originals – great colour choice too
    keith at mini moderns

7. yeshen says:

We looked to Heath for inspiration last year, they have an excellent website (do doubt being based close to SF – the web mecca). Awesome colours on the ceramics.

8. Amy says:

I love Heath Ceramics – these colors are just gorgeous. I’d love to have some of the bowls!

9. Kara says:

I just went to the factory this past weekend and saw these new colors in person. They are just as beautiful and their textured pieces are so amazing. Especially when you find out that it is all done by hand!

10. beautiful designs. love the colors and simpleness