d*s radio: after the jump (with todd oldham)

Photo via Bullseye View

I’m both nervous and excited because today is the first episode of my new radio show, After the Jump. In a few minutes I’m heading over to Roberta’s to record with one of my biggest design idols, Todd Oldham. We’re going to talk about his beginnings in the design world (including my beloved House of Style and his “Todd Time” segment), his current projects and all sorts of issues and ideas in between. The downloadable podcast will be up in a few days (I’ll post it on D*S), but I wanted to mention that we’ll be LIVE today at 12pm EST (just click “play now” on the homepage) if anyone wants to listen to send in questions via Twitter. Hope to see you online! xo, grace

CLICK HERE to listen live at 12pm EST

*A big thanks to Clay Walsh for coming up with the radio show name. Her brainstorming yielded some pretty fantastic ideas and this one felt perfect. I love the idea of dedicating a show to a place where the conversation continues…

1. barchbo says:

LOVE! Todd Oldham was my first design role model. Do you remember his perfume? I waited in line at Neiman Marcus to meet him and get a bottle – probably 1995 because I was in grad school. Sigh. I still have the bottle (empty) on my dresser with its crown-shaped stopper.

HAVE FUN! I can’t wait to listen.

2. Suzy says:

Good luck! Can’t listen live but look forward to the podcast :)

3. Nicole says:

Awesome! Can’t wait to tune in. Awesome name too. Fits perfectly!

4. kay w. says:

This is awesome, congrats Grace! Can’t wait to hear the inaugural episode, hopefully some champagne toasting will ensue at the D*S offices.

5. Best of luck Grace. You’ll do wonderfully!!!

6. Meghan Thimjon says:

Good luck! I had a friend that knew Todd when I was in high school and I got to meet him when he was in Dallas in the late 80’s way before he was famous! So fun!

7. Monica Lee says:

This was a wonderful wonderful interview!! I genuinely enjoyed it!

8. Susan says:

Congrats Grace, what a dream assignment! ;)

9. MichelleP says:

Such an organic conversation, I loved it! Todd’s non-elitist attitude toward design is wonderfully refreshing.

10. Congrats on your new radio show!! Woo-hoo! Looking forward to seeing your show unfold! Todd Oldham is a talent!

11. Tommy says:

Great show with a great man! “Todd Time” used to be everything back in the day. Looking forward to more great interviews.

12. jacqueline says:

It was a great conversation. I thought you did a great job asking interesting questions, and I really enjoyed it.