alexandra valenti

On the heels of a weekend that was full of rain and dead mice, I could use a little color. I came across these beautiful photographs by Alexandra Valenti on Caitlin Mociun’s blog and haven’t been able to stop staring at them since. They remind me of grown-up finger painting in the best way possible. I wish I could dip my fingers in bright paint and perk up the grey view outside of my window this morning. Click here to view more of Alexandra’s gorgeous photography. xo, grace

1. SharonHealey says:

Like you, I feel these images represent a little colour on a grey day. They also hint at adding spice to life, and design in a grey world. I would love to hang these in my studio, as i would get A different narrative meaning each day. Inspirational.

2. Hi, wow love the pictures! Keep up the good work!!

3. Jacqueline says:

How lovely — a pop of whimsy and modernism against the more nostalgic setting. I’ve never seen anything like this before. I love it!

4. Very cool – I think the world is always better with a splash of water color

5. Thank you, Grace! I’m very flattered! I’m a Design Sponge nerd to this is pretty radical…

6. Kate Butler says:

Congrats on the DS feature Alexandra! Your paintings are lovely!

7. Deanna says:

These pics took my breath away. Thanks for sharing!

8. Claire says:

Is there anywhere to buy prints? Alexandra, they’re beautiful!

9. I love these pics! Great Share

10. Holly Rose says:

these are beautiful pictures, made my day today – thank you for sharing!