I know I should really let it go, but I can’t loosen my grip on all things geometric. I’m not normally a slave to a particular trend or look, but for some reason trapezoids, triangles and rhombuses really have their hooks in me. So naturally, this amazing geometric light from Bec Brittain is at the top of my “OMG I want it” list. Bec wanted to explore the ways in which light and reflection change and transform, so she used a mirrored surface that would appear both translucent and reflective, whether the light was on or off. It looks like a giant jewel for your ceiling, and off or on, it’s one of the most gorgeous lights I’ve seen in a while. You can check out Maxhedron in more detail right here. xo, grace

1. Sanne says:

Absolutely wonderful. They made me think of the Olafur Eliasson chandeliers in the Danish Opera:

2. Molly (in DC) says:

I’m normally right there with ya on all things geometric, but this is just too 1980’s for me… I think it’s the smoked glass.

3. Oh my it’s perfect: it remind me of Marina’s and the diamonds video clip “obsessions”
    Check it out and you will get what i mean! (by the way i love her songs!) =)

4. Nicole says:

The top two images (which actually appear to be identical?) made me think “meh, smoked glass,” but the bottom images = stunning. Very cool!

5. Vanessa says:

YUP. It’s gorge!

6. Amy says:

These are so cool! Love the way they sparkle when turned on.

7. Jasmin says:

It’s very Olafur Eliasson.

I LOVE everything geometric too, but I’m not crazy about the smoky glass. A little too evocative of bad 70s/80s design.

8. Totally amazing! The must create a perfect atmosphere,
    I would love to have one of those,

9. kellynagle says:

shape, color, light=perfect!!!! Too pretty.

10. it’s just amazing! so well done!